Do you have a lawyer ?ever needed one.

Good afternoon.Do you have a lawyer?Did you ever needed one. My first lawyer when I got divorce.I had a hard time in finding one. Do you realize how many divorce lawyer out there.Zillions.wow. The first one was not too bad and the price is right.We got everything settled and no fighting till later.The other lawyer is for our last will and testament. He I like.The price is right. can you imagine the living and the fighting that these people do. Along with the dirty part of lawyers.I have read so many lawyers on John Grisham novels.The latest is the Litigators.I have learned a lot from reading most of his books.He is a very good story teller have you ever read his books? When was the last time that you needed a lawyer. Photo by public domaine
• Preston, England
I sued Bristol Council over a missing storm-drain cover that caused me to shatter my ankle ligaments in the early 1990's - I had a witness and lots of evidence and a great lawyer so it was an easy case though it was dragged out for four years
That is just wrong that it dragged out that long.
• Preston, England
@jstory07 the council bizarely denied ownership of the hole - they hired surveyors so they could claim it was on private land - their strategy was to make the case very expensive hoping I would drop the charges which would have cost me a fortune but my lawyer could see that we just had to let them run themselves into more trouble - losing the case meant they paid the costs themselves
@arthurchappell these kind of innocent do drag on and on.How is your ankle today.
I will need one when my husband and I write a will if we do. Otherwise I have never needed one.
@jstory07 yes,you need one for this.
@nomus24g (22173)
I got into a property issue and had to take legal assistance...unfortunately 2 of my earlier lawyers changed sided and finally I got a gem of a lawyer, he is weird but very shrewd, cunning and loyal to his client. He got me out of the legal mess later
@nomus224g good for you.I like the weird one.LOL
So far I haven't needed a lawyer. When I got a divorce we went pro se and it didn't cost much at all and no fighting involved before, during, or after.
@just4him good for you and what is a pro se?
@amadeo You do it yourself, and just pay the court costs. It cost us $105.
Last time we saw a lawyer was for some real estate deal.
@marlina did you like the person there.
@amadeo Yes, we really like the lawyer.
@amadeo What is re best JohnGrisham novel do you recommend? Which is your favorite of his? I have never used a lawyer before to answer your question. I don't have a will though we think I may have to get one so I can leave my body to science. Did that situation ever come up in a John Grisham novel? You gave me the movement I needed to start reading his novels!
@JDombrowski most of his books I like. Time to Kill was the best one I like.His latest is the Whistler The Firm,The Client,The Chamber so many.For me Time to Kill and Pelican Brief. Have your ever read any of his novels. How about the Library there?surely they have most of his novels.Good luck
@amadeo It is supposed to be record warmth tomorrow for us, so I may take a trip to the library and get one of his books. I am sure they do it is just I never get to that shelf as I find other books to read first. I read the Firm a long, long time ago. I see his The Whistler on the E-library I want to help the library by checking out some library to help them in a contest to get people to check out 500 books over all of us patrons, and they will get some more books for the e-library free! I will look for or put my name in the line of people who want to read To Kill and pelican brief! Thank you fo helping me!
• Eugene, Oregon
I had a lawyer for a divorce as well. They charge maximum rates for minimal effort usually.
@JamesHxstatic yes they do.
We hired Wilson and Wilson elder-care lawyers to make me Power of Attorney for my parents' finances and healthcare. Since I taught, I was the only sibling who could make it to the lawyer's offices at 4 p.m. every week. Big mistake on my part. Took a year to protect my dad's finances and arrange care for my mother so that Dad would not be penniless. POA is an awful job.
@Corbin5 yes,I can imagine.We got most of this down pat.
My son, his wife, her brother, and her father are all lawyers. None of them are dirty attorneys. My son is a corporate lawyer who handles securities, mergers and acquisitions, securitization, etc. He is Senior Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, and is being trained for Cyber Security. His wife is a labor lawyer for the downtrodden, and her father a managing partner in his law firm. He is a litigator. Her brother is a sports and entertainment attorney. I have used them for information, but have used our own lawyers for house closings, wills, and financial advice. By the way, good lawyers are bright lawyers. I have read many Grisham novels.
your right.Quite a resume there.Yes,they are if you find the right one.I also read many.I love his novels as they are easy reading.
I know there are tons of lawyers out there . . . we used to do printing for many in the area. I even eventually became friends with one of them - but he switched careers . I haven't used a lawyer, but I do have friends who deal with them . . . I suppose the first thing I would do is ask for recommendations if I ever did need one.
@much2say good idea there.Yes.
@Jackalyn (6657)
• Oxford, England
Once having a lawyer was enough for me. I have never read John Grisham.
@Jackalyn yes,I just have a personal one now.
I haven't needed a lawyer since the 80's, when I got a speeding ticket. The cop charged me with stuff I had not done.
@teamfreak16 wow that was way back when.
I never needed a lawyer for anything and I hope I won't either. Glad it all worked out now for you...
@infatuatedbaby this was way back when.Today is so much different.
@cupkitties (7034)
I went through two lawyers during my divorce case. The first one wasn't just wasn't cutting it. Was never there when I needed legal advice. His secretary didn't know anything. With some help from my parents I got a much better one though.
@cupkitties good for you.Some lawyers can be like this.That is why It is hard to choose sometimes.
Yes, we have a lawyer, he is one of the best friends of my husband and he assisted us when we bought the house here in Switzerland. At that time he was also the mayor of our little town.
@LadyDuck good for you.Sounds like your all set there.
@amadeo It's better to know a lawyer and never need one.
I just had to find a lawyer for my mothers estate. I love John Grisham books and yes, he does tell a good story
@Marilynda1225 check around to be sure that you get the right one.
Thankfully I have not been in a situation that required legal expertise that I could NOT figure out myself or not require their services, too expensive and not very trust worthy . . .