How Can I Be So Dumb?

I guess my head hasn't really been in the game lately. With my mother passing a little less than a month ago my attentions have been on tying up her estate etc. Even though she has little assets I still had to hire a lawyer and get things rolling. My latest assignment was to get a paper signed and notarized and send it off to the bank so they can dissolve her account. I waited until after Thanksgiving to deal with it and finally filled out the paper and had it notarized on Saturday and off it went priority mail to the bank. This morning I got a call saying that the document was rejected because I had put the wrong date on the paper and it didn't match the date where it was notarized. I can't believe that I put an October date rather than the November date and I guess I had my mothers date of death on my mind. Now I have to go through the whole process again which isn't that big a deal but I can't believe that I make such a dumb mistake and better yet the notary should have caught it. Oh well, things could be worse right!
do not be hard on yourself.You had to much on your mind.Once you get this straightened out things will ease up.Good luck
I will be glad when it's all said and done. In the meantime I'm going through gift suggestions for my grandchildren for Christmas which is fun
You have a lot on your mind so it is only understandable that you will make mistakes. The notary should have caught it if you didn't.
That's exactly what the guy at the bank said. Guess the notary wasn't paying attention either
I am so sorry to hear your mom has passed on. I didn't know, I've not been on mylot much this month. My deepest condolences, Marilyn.
thank you for your condolences Jeanniemaries
You have had a lot going on, it's a pain having to do it over again though I'm sure.
It's a pain but it's just a big inconvenience not anything drastic
As you said, things could be worse. You've been through a lot lately.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Sorry for you less, I hope everything gets worked out
It is understandable, but don't be hard on yourself.
I had to go through that when my mother passed, and will have to do it all again with Dad;s assets eventually, which will be way more complicated. I made a ton of mistakes over the years, so don't blame yourself for the one you made. I always ask myself, "Am I the only one who ever made a mistake like this?" The answer is always, "No." Just glad my sister is a notary which makes things easier on me.
My bank used to have a notary and it was easy as pie when I needed one. Now they changed from one bank to another and my current bank doesn't have a notary so I have to go to a place that isn't as convenient as my bank. At least the weather isn't horrible so driving isn't an issue. Thanks for the reassurance
@Marilynda1225 I am making my brother and sister help out with all Dad's stuff when the time comes. I have done all by myself for years and years, so they'd had better step up.
@quantum2020 (8373)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
At least the date can be corrected and the paper sent agian to continue the process.
exactly
@garymarsh6 (12699)
Sorry to hear about the sad news about your mum. I guess we all do daft things like that when our minds are preoccupied. Time is a great healer. All the best for you!
thank you and yes, although I feel I'm thinking clearly I guess I'm not
@LoriAMoore (4934)
Just a minor setback, you'll get it done.
I will I will I will
• New Delhi, India
Hey Marilyn.... Seems just a phase that would pass...I once mentioned my marriage anniversary incorrectly on a form that was then to be gone through my wife.... Yes you are right things can be worse.... :) Keep shining and sharing.... but sorry to hear about your mom.... My condolences....
thanks you so much for your condolences. Guess we all make silly mistakes
• Riga, Latvia
Nothing really bad just get it done and you'll be glad. Mom is up there helping you along i'm sure.
my heart goes out to ya, hon. 'tis easy to make these errs, so don't beat'cherself 'p, k? a most tryin' time when gettin' 'nothers affairs'n order. 'tis interestin' that the notary didn't check the date. i thought all 'f 'em went o'er that sort'a thingy to ensure all t'was correct. big hugs!!
• Carriere, Mississippi
Remember things will get better. And as far as being dumb. Your not dumb dear you made a mistake. Mistakes happen!! Chin up, You got this!!!!!!!
Such a nuisance really even if it isn't too big a deal. I guess you'll be super careful next time.
Given what you've been thru I think that dating something wrong is small, and yes, the notary should have caught it.
Sure it will all work out and, yes it happens to the best of us.