Favourite active NHL players #1 - Matt Duchene of Colorado

@mawdest (1507)
Orillia, Ontario
Hello everyone, hope all is well. Just want to describe how this series is going to go for a second.. In my lists, I usually do a list of 10 posts.. But this time, I decided I would go for 30, because I would like to name one player for every team in the NHL :) Anyways.. Onward we go! The player, Matt Duchene. He was born in 1991 (age 25), in Haliburton, Ontario. He sits at 5'11" nearly 200 pounds, players centre, and shoots left, and he recently acquired the "alternate captain" patch/status for himself. He was drafted 3rd, overall, in the first round.. By the Colorado Avalanche, and that is where he still is currently. Talking of Matt's personal life, he is the nephew of Newell Brown, the assistant coach of the Arizona Coyotes. As well, Duchene may have been expected to have been a Leafs fan growing up (given where he was from).. But no, he was a HUGE Avalanche fan, cheering for the likes of Joe Sakic, and Patrick Roy (I can relate). Finally, I would just like to talk of a few of Matt's accolades. Representing Canada, Duchene has won 8 gold medals, in different competitions in hockey. Most notably, he has won these medals in: The World Under 17 Hockey Challenge, in 2008, the Spengler Cup (2012 Davos), 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, 2016 World Cup in Toronto. And finally (finally finally) here is a link to Matt playing some hockey.. :)
Clips Include: Matt Duchene Carear Highlights, Goal Celebrations, 2009 Draft Pick, and more. Player Stats: Best Season - GP: 71 G: 23 A: 47 P: 70 Career Stat...
Scott Ganschow will appreciate this as he is a big Avalanche fan.
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
Oh, I am sure he will! :)
Alright Dutchy! Is he fast or what?
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
Haha yeah he most certainly is! And, boy, are the Avs ever stacked with talented picks over the last couple years.. I could have went with so many others.. But when I first really started getting in to hockey (a lot that is.. I have mostly been in to hockey my whole life though) I kind of decided to pick Matt as my favourite current player, and I have a Avs jersey with his name on it! My favourite player ever, though, is Joe Sakic.. I was happy to see him win the cup in 2001, but besides that I didn't watch much hockey back then.