Sometimes I Hate Humanity.

@WorDazza (11765)
Manchester, England
When the family of German shepherd Zuzu turned up at the Californian dog shelter that had found her after she went missing, it looked like a happy ending all round. Alas no. Despite Zuzu recognising her family and wagging her tail and trying to get to them through the fence the family hadn’t arrived to take her home. Not a bit of it. They had come to get a different dog. It would seem that poor Zuzu had become depressed after her father had died and the family decided they couldn’t be bothered with a grieving, mourning dog and would prefer one that wasn’t so upset and miserable. Now I could go on a rant at this point about what a disgrace to humanity these people are and how they should never be allowed to own an animal again but I think that we all probably feel that way so I won’t bore you. My other concern is what effect this will have on the children after seeing how their parents have behaved towards Zuzu. Just wait until Grandpa dies! They won’t dare shed a single tear or display even the tiniest sign of grief for fear they’ll be straight down to the nearest children’s home where they’ll be replaced by a couple of orphans of a more cheery disposition! One can only hope their parent-induced suppressed emotions manifest themselves in later years as an act of parricide.
@Asylum (48157)
• Manchester, England
These people should never be allowed to have a pet. The whole concept is to care for and protect a pet, not use it as a convenience.
@Asylum (48157)
• Manchester, England
@WorDazza A pet is supposed to valued by their true value, not by money.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@Asylum Absolutely. No amount of money could replace the little fella.
@Asylum (48157)
• Manchester, England
@WorDazza Some people have no concept of what is important.
What a cruel and unloving thing for them to do.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
Sadly there are many people like them who just see animals as objects and possessions to be replaced when the novelty has worn off.
@WorDazza our pets are like our children to us.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@Tampa_girl7 Same here. In fact the kids complain that the animals get treated better than they ever did. I suspect they might be right!
@hereandthere (35757)
it's as if the dog is like a shoe or a cellphone. just buy a new one.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
This is the attitude a lot of people have. No thought as to the feelings of the dog!
@WorDazza someone i know moved to another apartment. i can't remember anymore why they can't take their dog, so she gave it to her parents. at first when they visited, it recognized them and whined when it's time to leave. but when their visits became sparse, the dog eventually no longer recognized them.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@hereandthere They're very like small children. They will forget eventually. Just as well really for some dogs. They're better off forgetting some previous owners!!
How do people get to be like this? The mind boggles. I'm definitely looking for a desert island.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
And when you find one maybe we should shove all of those sort of people on it. Let them live in overcrowded conditions with scarce resources while those of with feelings get to enjoy the rest of the planet and all of its wonderful creatures.
@WorDazza Actually I was thinking of going there myself - on my own.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@JudyEv I though that was the case but then again why shouldn't we just maroon all of the idiots on a tiny island?
@PainsOnSlate (21486)
I saw that on the TV today and first....Their Zuzu and my daughters Zuzu look alike. It broke my heart... Both named for the little girl in It a wonderful life... I heard a lot of people want that Zuzu, I hope the parents learned a big lesson and I hope no one lets them have another,,,the kids will grow up and know what idiots their parents were and probably will still be as they age... Very sad story with some strange evil-like tones...
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
I suppose it could go either way with the children. They could grow up thinking that's how you behave. I've seen this sort of thing go both ways!
@WorDazza My son a dog lover told me there are a lot of people like that. Pets are a toy to some and when they get bored, they switch. I must live under a rock, I've never thought anyone could do that to a pet. To me pets are a part of the family. I feel sorry for those kids with those parents.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@PainsOnSlate Some people seriously underestimate the emotional intelligence of animals.
Sadly another reaffirmation of my basic underlying theory that many people just suck.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
I'm with you on that one.
@Julie555 (2551)
Very sad and ugly reality
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
It has been shown that dogs have similar emotional intelligence and intellect as two year old children. I'm fairly sure this family wouldn't treat a two year child in the same way.
@Julie555 (2551)
@WorDazza I feel very down,when humans treat animals like this.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@Julie555 Unfortunately this has always happened. Rather than look upon animals as wonderfully diverse, interesting, beautiful creatures we look at them and think "How can I use that animal to my advantage?"
@LoriAMoore (4669)
You only hate humanity sometimes? Hubby hates it all the time. LOL!
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
Me too. I just didn't want to come across as too much of an old curmudgeon!! Although i don't know why that was the case on this occasion. It doesn't normally bother me.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@TheHorse Don't get me started on biased news. The BBC, that bastion of impartiality (Ha!), has taken to sandwiching any news item on Brexit between two items of extremely bad news. Guilt by association!!
how heart-breakin' . sadly many folks treat critters like they're disposable 'n not the family members they've 'come. selfish, this human race. but, those young'uns 've choices, jest's we all do, 'n hopefully they'll recall this injustice 'n not repeat the same when they're older.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
I sincerely hope so but, as I've mentioned elsewhere, sometimes the kids grow up to repeat the behaviour patterns of the parents!
@WorDazza so true, they use such's'n excuse fer their behavior :(
@nanette64 (18734)
• Fairfield, Texas
Now that totally pisses me off @WorDazza . If I would have been working at that shelter, I would have told them, "You have got to be kidding!!" And would have told them that Zuzu was worth more in society than they ever would be. And you can bet I would not have allowed them to adopt a dog.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
There was no mention of whether they were allowed to adopt another dog. I would hope not. I suspect Zuzu will be adopted by someone who loves her and really wants her and she'll come out of this far better off than she was with that bunch of *&%$!% (expletive deleted).
@nanette64 (18734)
• Fairfield, Texas
@WorDazza My best to poor Zuzu.
Please tell me that this is not a true story. I cannot believe that humans can be so miserable. Those people should not be allowed not only to have pets, but also children.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
Oh it's very true. It was on the website of a UK newspaper. The staff at the centre even took a video of the dog wagging its tail and trying to get to its owners. Heartbreaking!
@WorDazza Those kind of things make me cry and I lose all hope in humans.
Heartless owners of ZuZu for sure. Those who abandoned that dog for a reason that does not deserve placing a dog in a shelter are humans to be avoided.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
Unfortunately dogs tend to have no say in which humans they end up with.
@Morleyhunt (19855)
I see that with my siblings visiting our aging parent. Some of them are to busy......then I hear them complain they never see their own children and grandchildren.....wonder what their example was?
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
I think that boils down to simple selfishness. It's all about me, me, me and everyone should understand that.
@Inlemay (17248)
• South Africa
we, humanity, are shocking lumps of flesh, aren't we? Your story is sad, but correct on how we behave
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
'shocking lumps of flesh'. I love that phrase. Permission to use it in appropriate situations??
@Inlemay (17248)
• South Africa
@WorDazza You may use it with pleasure!!
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay Thank you kindly. From previous experience I think I might be using it quite often.
@DaddyEvil (26835)
• Aurora, Missouri
You aren't joking, are you? Someone actually dumped their dog because it was grieving for it's father? I hope the rest of humanity didn't have their hearts removed at birth, too! Okay, this is the second time within a week that I have been left virtually speechless!
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
They didn't dump it. It had got out of the yard and was picked up as a stray and taken to the dog shelter. I think the family went there looking for a replacement, came across their dog but didn't want it any more. I'm not surprised the dog did a runner. Probably figured out it was better off without them!!
@DaddyEvil (26835)
• Aurora, Missouri
@WorDazza Sorry, I meant dump it as in didn't want it back, WorDazza... I agree, the dog probably overheard her owners planning to replace her, so took the situation into her own "paws". She is being publicized as being available for adoption... The latest links I could find talk about her as being good with children and other pets. Edit to add:
DOWNEY, Calif. – The dog heartbroken when her old family came by the animal shelter she was staying in and subsequently passed her over has found a new family.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@DaddyEvil She does look like an absolute sweetheart. She should find better owners and probably be a lot happier.
@xFiacre (6767)
@wordazza I categorise those people along with whoever wrote and sang the jolly Christmas ditties being played in this here café. So depressing.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
Don't worry. It will all be over in a few weeks!!
@xFiacre (6767)
@WorDazza And I'll be lying wasted and wounded in a bloodied heap with my wallet emptied and my head trampled on by Reindeer.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@xFiacre Sounds like a typical Saturday night out in Manchester.
@skysnap (19406)
humanity is very selfish sometimes.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
Sometimes? That may be an underestimation!
@skysnap (19406)
@WorDazza haha true
Those people are horrible seriously, helping the poor dog get through this is too much work for them, their love is that fickle. I hope they didn't get another dog.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
I doubt there was any love there in the first place. A dog is just one more box ticked off the list of how to be seen as the perfect suburban 21st century family!!
• Agra, India
This is so disgusting
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
But sadly all too common. Most people completely underestimate the emotional intelligence of animals.
• Walnut Creek, California
I hope Zuzu finds a happy home. As for the kids, I'm sure they'll "act right" at home. Their parents will be surprised when they later join ISIS or some local street gang.
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
Tis often the case. The surprise and horror at how their little darlings could possibly have turned out to be wrong uns.
• Walnut Creek, California
@WorDazza They were such well-behaved children!
@WorDazza (11765)
• Manchester, England
@TheHorse well-behaved = spoilt.