MyLOT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN FACEBOOK.

How come I only discovered this site earlier today? I can honestly say that this is so much better than Facebook. I get to post discussions and earn a little but yeah I am still earning! How cool is that? Plus I can enjoy my time writing since I love writing so much. Some others can enhance their English command and some discover friendship! Wow! Thank you so much MyLot and happy mylotting to all of us! Cheers! :)
@sabtraversa (13331)
People on myLot also get to use their brains a little more compared to Facebook, so you can get better discussions than stickers or bad words. We can still share funny videos of cats though.
@sabtraversa Hahaha I love your comment so much! I totally agree to this! This is what you called elevated way of using the social media I think. You have to think of sensible discussions and not just writing anything.
I quickly discovered the same thing when I joined here. I only wish I had found it sooner. I barely go on Facebook anymore. I am a bit of a mylot addict but that's a good thing! Glad you are enjoying it here!
@Happy2BeMe I totally agree with you! I really enjoyed Facebook before but lately, I discovered that it's one of the many reasons why my life is sedentary. I don't find Facebook as appealing as before anymore.
@hereandthere (32790)
some members just delineate what they share here, and what they share on facebook. different sites, different uses. it's always good to see new members enjoying the site. so, how did you learn about mylot? what are your expectations?
I agree. Facebook for me is not very safe. I don't know why I have that impression. I honestly don't post long statuses on Facebook even though I love to put my thoughts into writing. It's a different thing here and I feel like the people are very encouraging. Well, that's my first impression at least. And oh, I discovered this site because of the blog that I read earlier and it feels good to be here.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I hate facebook, canceled my account about 6 months ago and couldn't be happier about it.
I honestly think of giving up my Facebook as well because I think it's one of the many reasons why some people's lives are sedentary.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@annastasiaaaaaa I was just tired of all the drama, and the jokes, political stuff and religious stuff.
@fishtiger58 Hahaha that's so true! I also grew tired of all the selfies and everything. I mean, come on!
@hillwill (1001)
I have no facebook account.I have been here for 3 years.Mylot is a nice place for me to meet friend.
MyLot is indeed a nice place to make friends, discuss ideas and learn culture from others. Rewarding!
@hillwill (1001)
@annastasiaaaaaa I mainly to make friends and study English.My English is so poor.Sometimes I can't express myself in English.
@hillwill It's okay. Just keep writing. If your write ups are sensible, people here will overlook the grammar. Just express yourself and you will learn the grammar basics little by little. I am an English Teacher and my students are Japanese and this is what I tell them every time.
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
Hi there fellow "kababayan"! Welcome aboard! it's so nice to see new members loving mylot!
Yay, thank you so much! Happy myLotting to us!
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
@annastasiaaaaaa Cool! so how did you know about mylot anyway?
@trivia79 (7888)
• El Segundo, California
@annastasiaaaaaa was searching for ways to earn money? or ways to kill boredom? haha
• New Delhi, India
Yes it is..I also felt the same when I joined mylot.. And till date this holds true
@amitkokiladitya very true! I am looking forward to participating more sensible discussions in the future. :)
• New Delhi, India
@annastasiaaaaaa sensible discussion... This is very important. Some discussions are real waste of time
@amitkokiladitya That's the sad reality. Some people tend to spend their time discussing nonsense things as well. We can do better than that!
@topffer (36124)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
I canceled my Facebook account many years ago, and I would not consider to join it again now. myLot is a small community, but it is friendly, and I feel at home here.
I seriously think what you did was a good decision. Facebook has so much drama and too toxic. Plus the selfies of the people are everywhere. I mean come on! We can do better than that. I love sharing sensible ideas to people and this site is obviously what I need. Happy MyLotting to us!
I'm very glad that you are enjoying your time here. Keep posting relevant and interesting discussions, not necessarily agreeing with everyone, but also allowing others to enjoy and express theirs. And you should be alright.:-)
Hahahaha yeah, thank you so much! I am definitely loving this site already! Happy Mylotting to us! :) @everwonderwhy
@Shreyasr (10)
So true!!
@shreyasr Happy MyLotting to us! Cheers!
• Plymouth, England
Came across mylot by chance and enjoying a lot. Yes facebook ok but does not have the continual flow of chat and more of 24/7. I've no idea how many people belong on mylot? There always something to say and respond to, that what I like about it.
@Kevinhomealone I am also enjyoing this site so much. You can interact with so many people and learn new things from new perspectives as well. :)
I agree.
@Kandae totally agree! :) Happy Mylotting to us!