What did you Read in November?

books, reading
Winston Salem, North Carolina
My tally for this month is a little shorter than what I have accomplished in previous months, but I’m still reading (and listening to audio books). The numbers are from my comprehensive book list for 2016, I’m going to have to do a LOT of reading if I want to finish up with 100 for the year! 81. The trumpeter of Krakow by Eric P. Kelly 82. The Pearl John Steinbeck 83. The Accidental Voyage by Douglas Bond 84. Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein 85. Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein 86. The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King What about you? What have you read lately?
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
My book club commitments encourage me to read at least two each month so I can hold my head high there! I remember reading The Pearl at school. What did you think of The Trumpeter of Krakow?
I really enjoyed The Trumpeter of Krakow...and had fun sorting out the actual history from the myths and the author's imagination. (I actually made my daughter write a paper on that issue).
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
@Platespinner I've always had it on my list of books to read, so maybe I should!
@valmnz Go for it! It's technically children's lit so it's a reasonably quick read.
The Girl on the Train, Cell, A Solitary Blue, Novel Without a Name, and A Gracious Plenty.
• Uzbekistan
Did you enjoy The Girl On The Train? I didn't finish it. It didn't fascinate me.
I am curious about The Girl on the Train as well. I've got a hold on it at the library, so I should get it eventually.
@Platespinner It really is a good read. Some here were disappointed in the movie after they read the book, which is sadly a common occurrence.
@CRK109 (14413)
I don't remember titles, unfortunately. Our local library delivers books to me once a month, so I get bags of books from which to choose and I grab and read. I know I read some Patricia Cornwell and some James Patterson, but not sure what else. My new bags arrived this morning, so I'll try to keep a list of what I'm reading this month!
I started keeping a list this year since otherwise I would have forgotten most of the titles as well.
@CRK109 (14413)
@Platespinner Those of us who read a lot really do need to write them down. I have a Facebook friend who writes down every book she reads for the whole year and then publishes her list the beginning of every January. It's fascinating!
@CRK109 My list for the year would be a bit overwhelming . I'm enjoying doing it a month at a time...it seems much more manageable that way!
@Telynor (1325)
All of November, I've been slogging through James Michener's _Iberia._ About twenty pages of interesting stuff, then another hundred pages of drudgery. Repeat. And Again. Again. For around eight hundred pages.
I've read plenty of MIchener over the years, including Iberia, and I think you have summed up some of his stuff perfectly! I discovered a long time ago that I could not read two Michener novels back-to-back!
@Inlemay (16982)
• South Africa
Where do you get the time? Do you sleep? Ashamadly not one is complete yet, but progressively further than last week
I do a lot of audiobooks and that accounts for three of the titles above, of the other three two were schoolbooks that I read with/to my daughter and the last was a young adult novel (which I was technically pre-reading for my daughter).
• Uzbekistan
I read The Pearly by Steinbeck as a schoolgirl which was more than half a century ago! Recently I've read Mrs. Warren's Professin by Shaw and The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde for a seminar at uni.
I had read an excerpt of The Pearl as a student many years ago myself, but had never read the whole thing. I'm trying to keep a good mix of older works in with the newer stuff I'm reading.
I read 5 books in November and forgot the titles already! Terrible. The last was a steampunk novel. Of your list, I have read Eyes of the Dragon and Stranger in a Strange Land.
I started keeping a list this year, because I read lots of books last year but couldn't name more than half a dozen of them.
@UncleJoe (10872)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I must confess. None. But I did watch several good movies with Becky.
I have only read some interesting magazines. No books yet.
@platespinner I meant to keep track, honestly! but I forgot to mark them don't remember what I read but read about as many as you. It is nice to keep a goal for the year of how many you want to read! I can tell you what I am reading now and going back to bed to read more I am reading another M.C. Beaton Kiss Christmas Goodbye. It is really good so far! I have faith in you you will reach 100 books years end!
I love to read, but can't seem to have time for it lately.
I remember reading the Pearl many years ago. Maybe I should set some goals for next year.
@xFiacre (5229)
@platespinner Just finished Pietro Grossi's 'Fists' and started Roberto Arlt's 'Seven mad men'. Also refreshing my understanding of Genesis.
@JustBhem (42960)
• Davao, Philippines
Last month I'm re-reading Harry Potter books. And now I'm starting to go beyond the Middle Earth. I'm reading LOTR Two Towers.