Favorite Avalanche Players #7 - Adam Deadmarsh

Colorado Springs, Colorado
With this particular series, I'm paying homage to the great sport of hockey by counting down my favorite Colorado Avalanche players. We're at #7, Adam Deadmarsh. Winger Adam Deadmarsh played in 405 games for the Avalanche. He was a tough, gritty player, always ready to do the dirty work, especially in front of the net. Deadmarsh, however, was also a talented scorer, netting 129 goals during his time with the team. He remains a fan favorite to this day. Cool story: after being traded to the Los Angeles Kings, the Avalanche defeated the Kings in the playoffs that year. During the traditional end of series handshake line, the Kings put Deadmarsh and fellow former Av Aaron Miller at the back of the line so that we (I was there) could give them a standing ovation as they left the ice. Very classy.
Adam Deadmarsh vs Drake Berehowsky from the Colorado Avalanche at Edmonton Oilers NHL game on Dec 27, 1997.
I thought I had heard this player's name. He was a King.
Yeah, they traded him and Aaron Miller to the Kings for Rob Blake.
Sounds another pretty awesome player there.
I met him once. Really nice guy.