Bullying is wrong...but committing suicide over it is a condition of underlying mental-health issues...

You aren't going to 'get even with' or 'punish' people bullying you by killing yourself. Truth of the matter is...they probably won't care. The only people you 'punish' are your family and friends. There is something way more wrong here than people being bullies. Hell, I was bullied quite a bit when I was younger. It didn't even make me think of killing myself. What it did was turn me towards pastimes that I could enjoy alone. People can blame the 'bullies' all they want when a kid kills themselves. But somewhere, there is likely another reason involved. Just my two cents worth...which when adjusted for inflation is about $0.0000746553
the sad part of this, is it is often kids, who don't know how to deal. And yes, it is a permanent solution to a problem that is not only temp, but could be handled other ways.
Yoi are so right killimg ones seff over a bullyu does not one thing tio the bullyh'I 'was bullied as a chikld by an older b oy and decided it was going to stop.He was 15' I WAS nine b ut I had a strong kick and I kic ked him hard inthe shins and I was'never bullied again, My teacher picked this big lout b y his shirt collar andtold him he would' never bully her girls again and he did not sometimes stickling up for ones self is a gbod 'idea
@EddieHands (37823)
Good point! I used to get bullied, then i got huge really tall, i learned martial arts.. then when I saw the bullies again... i beat the living hell out of them at Taco Bell in front of their girl... let that be a lesson.. you can bully someone when they are small. Then they grow up and learn leathal martial arts.. and well... that anger they had.. will come out.. and revenge will be had. They are lucky I did not cast a fire ball to finish them off. But I wanted them to live.. .to live with the shame they were defeated in mortal kombat. But yeah don't kill yourself.. kill the enemy! Like my Karate teacher taught me, show the enemy No Mercy!
I was also bullied as a child and never wanted to kill myself. I just stayed to myself more and shied away from people. It does punish the people around them-solves nothing else. =(
@TheSojourner (17450)
I think we've all been bullied a time or two and our lives. Well, anyone over the age of 35! We learn how to deal with bullies by standing up to them, for the most part.
@JESSY3236 (6764)
I was bullied when I was younger and I did have thoughts, but I never acted on them. There was a 16 yr. old girl here that jumped off a bridge. I don't know if she was bullied, but one of my friends posted on facebook saying the girl had said her mother told her to get over it (her depression, I think) and someone else commented saying she should get over it and do something about it.
A 19 year girl killed herself in Italy about one month ago, because she had been bullied and her boyfriend uploaded on YouTube a video of them together that should have never been accepted by YouTube. There are more people than only the bully boyfriend, who are guilty in this matter.
I guess you're right - in fact I'm sure you are but for some reason I don't want it to be so.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Agreed. We've all been bullied by someone somewhere. I've even been bullied at work (previous job) as an adult. Knowing that bullying comes from being hurt helps a bit. But we all have to have a strong enough sense of self not to be affected that much by another's actions.
@vandana7 (66110)
I think standing up to bullying is needed. Too many people suggest ignore and somebody who is already going through some has to face such a thing as the last straw. Ignoring is not the right solution. I don't take it easily. I make sure that such stuff gets treated properly.
@LoriAMoore (4677)
Agreed and especially internet bullying -- come on, those people aren't even a threat.
I was bullied as well as a child. I think now a days it's kind of a monkey see/monkey do situation. These kids see all of these other kids killing themselves over the things that are being said to or about them online, and they think that is a viable solution to the problem. I'm only 36, but back in the 80's and 90's it just seemed to toughen you up a bit. I think I came out stronger for it. Bullying was done in person, and not usually in front of an audience of potentially hundreds of other people. The internet wasn't a big thing back then, and I think that social media has really changed the face of bullying today.
@stbrians (15702)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I leave them alone and keep up with their bullying. They get annoyed with my indifference and give up