Here We Grow Again!

We just received news that our family grew again last night. We had a nephew who had his first child. He had a baby boy, he named him Oliver Matthew-nice name isn't it? My husband is from a large family. He has 4 sisters and 3 brothers. The 8 of us had 20 kids in total. And then those 20 are busy and this baby makes #26. AND......there are several that have not started a family yet. I can't wait to see this couple with Oliver next weekend when we gather for our Christmas party. I love cuddling a new born.
@Platespinner (16520)
Congratulations!!! My own family is pretty huge. I'm one of 8 and we produced 33 all together, the next generation is at 23 (I think) and, like your family, there are quite a few who haven't started families of their own yet (11 of them are 20 or under).
Its so much fun belonging to a large family isn't it? It took me a long time to adjust to it, and you never really adjust, you just have to go with the flow because the number is always growing.
@Juliaacv It took my husband a LONG time to figure out who everyone was and all the relationships.
@Platespinner LOL, that was me too! And our son's fiancée still doesn't know everyone!
@juliaacv Great for you Congratulations for the whole family! Hoping to get reports what it was like hugging him for the first time. My cousin named her son Oliver! Oliver Matthew IS a beautiful name! Is Oliver named after anybody in the family!
Thank you, they didn't take his first name from anyone in the family, but his father and him share the same middle name. I like that, my husband passed down his middle name to our son also. We have a big family gathering next Saturday, so I hope that they are there for it, we'll all be standing in line to hold the baby for a few minutes each!
@Juliaacv I remember I was afraid to hold my nephew I sat in a chair as I was afraid I would drop him! If you have children, I guess that you aren't afraid of babies. Nobody ever had a baby in my family before my nephew! Women in my family wait until late 30's to have children! Don't think it was planned just turned out that way! I love how you use the middle name for they boy babies first name that is very special!
@Marty1 Thank you, its something that we did, and now our nephew has also done. I used to babysit a lot of children, and until I was about 13 I never held a baby, but after that, I had such a thriving business, and got used to holding, feeding, rocking, changing and putting little ones down. I always tried to stay calm because you never knew if you hadn't been there for a few weeks if the baby was going to make strange.
Congratulations great auntie!! There is nothing as sweet as a newborn is there?
Oh I know, I never bore of that news. And we have a congenital heart disease in the family, and Oliver was born without it-thankfully!
@Juliaacv that is double good news then
Awesome! Congratulations to your nephew and your growing family.
Thank you, the news of a new baby-and a healthy one, never ever grows old does it?
@Juliaacv No it doesn't.
Congrats! That is awesome and exciting news. =)
Thank you, we're pretty excited. We have a heart defect that runs in the family, so the news of a healthy baby really lifts you up.
@Juliaacv I am sure it is a relief hearing a healthy little one. =)
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Sounds like our family. There were 8 children. We took the be fruitful and multiply quite seriously. Four of us have 20 children between us....then the other four have 13....totalling 34. Now the grand great grand children are starting to add up.....so far 23.
I think that a large family is such a blessing. My husband only has 2 younger siblings, so he is closer in age to some of the older nieces and nephews then he is with some of his brothers and sisters. But we are all family, so age and generation doesn't really matter.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@Juliaacv my husband only has one sister. She cut off contact over ten years ago. She is in a relationship, but has no children. Her girlfriend has a daughter and a couple of grand babies.
Congratulations to all of you on the birth of the new baby boy in your family. What a beautiful name!
Thank you! It really is news that we never grow tired of hearing isn't it? His Dad's middle name is Matthew, so instead of giving him his first name he passed on his middle name-which I think is pretty classy. They set us a picture of him-he was a normal weight- 7 lbs and something, but his is long and has such a round tummy! He looked like he barely fit into that little bassinette that the hospital puts them in at first.
@Juliaacv Awwwww he sounds adorable! I like the idea of using the middle name.
@PatZAnthony (12660)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
There is always room for one more!
Congratulations of the arrival of Oliver. We haven't had a new baby in our family for a long time and it will be quite awhile before any arrive. Wish I had a new baby to cuddle (you are so lucky)
We had one born in early May and now Oliver. Last year we had 5 babies born, that was an epic year.
Congratulations, and it's a very nice name.
Thank you, our Christmas party is next weekend, so I really hope to meet him then.
@Hate2Iron (7858)
I would love to have come from a large family... what a family tree you must have!! And what a sweet name...
Thank you, we have such a large number we could start out own small country I think!! lol
That is so cool! My dad has a big family too. He's the 15th of 16 children, and they all are the happiest when they can get together. I love seeing those new babies too.
Now that IS a big family. But there are such fun to be had in large families. My husband is near the end of the string of kids, so we are closer in age to some of the nieces and nephews then we are with some of his older siblings.
Congratulations to all concerned. How lovely is that - and right at Christmas time too.
Thank you, I thought that it was nicely timed too.
Congratulations, it is nice having a large loving family.
Thank you, I like it.
Congratulations and jubilations!
Thank you. Its nice to see those that you remember when they were born bringing in a new little one into the world.
Oliver Matthew is a beautiful name and welcome to the newest member in your large family.
Thank you! I am so happy for our nephew and his wife. Our nephew is Lucas Matthew, so he passed Matthew on to Oliver-nice eh?
That is one big family. I bet family reunions are a blast! Crazy good times are on the way!
Congratulations to the happy parents and to you too.
Thank you, we're pretty stoked that the baby was born without the heart defect that we have in the family.
@Juliaacv This is great, I was born with the same heart defect as my father, my brother has not the same problem.
@LadyDuck The defect that we carry and have is with a bad valve and a hole in the heart. Our daughter was born with this but she was also missing a valve and then there was a narrowing of her main aorta-which supplies your body with blood. I was monitored during both of my pregnancies by the Genetic Centre because of a medication I take for seizures, but in the decades that have passed, we see that the medication that I was on at that time, which has since been taken off of the market, gave women who took it babies with these heart defects. We'll never know for sure what caused it, but regardless it feels good to see my nephew, who has the heart defect, have a healthy son.
Yes, babies are so sweet and wonderful to cuddle.
@stbrians (15187)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Congratulations