Texting First After A Date

@flapiz (4155)
Australia
I went out on a perfect date last night. Lovely dinner and a lovely walk towards the park. I thought I felt chemistry. And this guy was so the same wavelength as I am. Then he dropped me off at my place. He didn't talk about a second date. And I've been waiting for a text since forever I really want to text him but my friends told me I should play it cool and wait for him to text to save my dignity. Is it okay for a girl to text first?
I am clueless about such things but I would like for the girl to make a move.
@flapiz (4155)
Well what would you feel if a girl texted you first after a date? Would you lose interest?
@flapiz It always depends if you like the other person. If I liked a girl and wanted to see her again, I would be thrilled if she texted/called back with the same interest. Whole lot easier for a guy!
@flapiz (4155)
@JohnRoberts So you don't think you'd find her boring and lose interest because she comes too easy?
You could always text to thank him and say what a nice time you had and leave it at that. Especially if he paid for your meal.
@flapiz (4155)
Hi Judy! Despite what my friends were saying I did text him. Yes he paid for the meal and I think it's. It very grateful of me not to tell him I had a great time.
@flapiz I'm glad you did. I think it is only polite really to follow up any kindesses with a 'thank you' whether by text or phone call or whatever. Lately we've found many young people never say thank you or even acknowledge that they have received a gift. I'm sure you haven't done yourself any harm by texting.
@ms1864 (6986)
• Bangalore, India
there is a 3 day rule in these thing...if it's been that much time...sure...go ahead.
@flapiz (4155)
Hi Manisha I broke that rule and I'm so embarrassed. Although he replied me I think he was just being polite.
@ms1864 (6986)
• Bangalore, India
oh...so no 2nd date set ?
@flapiz (4155)
@ms1864 Nope there's none. And I'm wondering where it went wrong because it was a really good date.
@hereandthere (31184)
nice to see you back. it sounds promising, hope there's a next and even better time. but maybe, as judy says, a thanks is enough as appreciation for now.
@flapiz (4155)
Heyya! Yes I've been absent for a while. Adult life is getting the best of me. I did text him and he replied with a I enjoyed meeting you sort of message. But somehow it felt generic imfor me.
@flapiz well, the ball is in his court now, so que sera sera, whatever will be, will be.
@flapiz (4155)
@hereandthere that's exactly what my friend told me. I think that's very sensible though. Won't text him anymore unless he texts me first.
In my opinion , you should wait for him to text first . If he texts then it means he is interested so much at you . Though , texting him to say thank you , for the nice dinner if he paid for it , can be an opener for him to invite you again or text more to get to know you better .
@flapiz (4155)
I think I blew it. He didn't text me today he was very polite with my text though which is at least nice of him. Well better luck next time.
@flapiz At least , he acknowledged your text .
@flapiz (4155)
@SIMPLYD Oh well yes. He's not a jerk. I'm still hopeful that he'd text me but if not I'll be alright. It's just one date
• New Delhi, India
You don't know the future.... weather he will end us as a good friend or much more that just a friend.... but if you liked him and the wavelength matched, it would be a loss not to get in touch..... Just thank him for an amazing time and tell him you'd want to be in touch.....You never know what his side of the story is .... :) Keep shining and smiling.... Happiness Always.... :)
@flapiz (4155)
I texted him and he said it was nice meeting me too. But it felt like he was just being polite or I'm just overthinking.
• New Delhi, India
@flapiz That's what you have created as a story in your mind.He has not mentioned that has he....just go with the flow dear....it could be that even he is a little shy sharing the feel.... Just go with the flow and believe what he says in rather than what you think it should be.... I believe relations and love are based on heart and not what we think in our mind....Just know this guy better as you have just met him.... :) Keep sharing and shining.... Happiness Always...
@flapiz (4155)
@Magicweaver1 I'm just going to wait for him to ask me out again. The ball is on his court now. It's up to him what he does with it.
@1hopefulman (28631)
This must be the Frenchman, right?
@flapiz (4155)
Nope this one's the epic fail date with a Belgian guy lol. The French man is the complete opposite of this one. But this one left me hung up.
Much wiser to wait.
@flapiz (4155)
I know it is much wiser to wait but my impatience had gotten the best of me. It was a really good date.