Would you consider this to be a good Christmas present?

I have decided to crochet my mother a blanket this year for Christmas. Would you consider this to be a good present, or do you think it would be tacky? Every time I make people hats and scarves etc, they never wear them. They always favor the store bought items. It means a lot to me, because of all of the time and love I put into making them, but I wonder if it means the same to them. Then I feel a little selfish for giving that kind of gift, because maybe I did it just so I could indulge in my hobby and have fun, when I could have spent the yarn money on something else for them.
I think it is a lovely present and she will appreciate and adored.
@valmnz (13168)
• New Zealand
You keep on giving those handmade gifts made with love and shame on the people who don't appreciate them. I'm sure your mother will love her blanket.
It's a wonderful gift & sentimental too =)
How long will it take you to crochet a blanket?
It depends on how distracted I am. This one took about 2 weeks but was super complicated. I'm actually almost done, just some weaving left to do.
@ms1864 (6974)
• Bangalore, India
I have stopped making people gifts for the very same reason. ...but moms are a different category...they usually appreciate things like this too.
I would be thrilled to receive a blanket from my daughter if I had one. It's a shame people don't wear the gifts you've gone to so much trouble to make.
@LeaPea2417 (23127)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I think it would be a great present. I would use a handmade crocheted blanket for a long time.
I would consider something someone has spent time on making to be far superior to anything bought. I would think that your mother will be delighted, as you make it with love.
I think your handmade gifts come from your heart!! Those are great gifts to give. I think a crocheted blanket would be a delightful gift for your mother.
@KristenH (25305)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
It's a thoughtful present to make it yourself.