Don't try to fool me!

Who hates false advertising? I do, I do! Being a cardholder at Victoria's Secret - you get lots of perks & insider coupons, deals, on-going promotions both emailed/mailed. Attached is my most recent flyer I received in the mail with my name addressed. It says: Just for you, Forever Angel... Stop into your nearest store before Dec. 11 to pick up this exclusive gift! Simply show your Angel's Forever card to an associate and it's all yours. While they last. When my mom & I went shopping the other day. We stopped in and I was told my 'card' status is Angel VIP not FOREVER so I was unable to get the gift. WELL, why in the world did VS mail this home to me with my name on it? If I had not gotten the advertisement, sure I wouldn't care. I went home & chatted with the customer service representative. They apologized for the inconvenience and gifted me a $20 gift card. With the $20 and some money I paid for the difference, I got a pair of yoga pants, a beanie and two panties! What do you do when you come across false advertising?
I'm so non confrontational, I just go with it. My girlfriend on the other hand...
Haha I will when I need to be Do you get embarrassed? Shy when she does it? Mine as online this time
@infatuatedbby - Actually, yes I do.
@teamfreak16 my boyfriend does too he sometimes walks a different direction and watches afar lol
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I would be upset too. But that was nice of them to gift you for your trouble.
@zarlamain (24525)
I would be annoyed, too. I am glad that you contacted customer service. And you even received a $20 gift card! Way to go! I hope you enjoy your purchases! How much difference did you end up paying?
Yes and it was easy to contact customer service since there was a chat feature. I believe $8-10? I don't remember. But the yoga pants, my mom made me part with it because she's convinced I have a lot which I do and new with tags. So I gave the yoga pants to my sister as one of her Christmas gifts. :)
@zarlamain (24525)
@infatuatedbby Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know that. So funny! Did your sister enjoy them?
@zarlamain I ended up selling the beanie after 20% posh, I got $16, so I profited. :) Plus I got the free panties for myself. I don't think she opened her gift yet. I also got her flannel shorts and a sleeping mask.
@Tina30219 (34256)
• Onaway, Michigan
Never had this happen to me. Sorry it happen to you. On the good side of it you got a gift card and the money in difference back plus your goodies you bought.
It is okay. I was able to use that gift card they provided me and a little bit of money (not much) to get myself a pair of yoga pants, free beanie hat and two panties with purchase. Win/win situation :)
@Tina30219 (34256)
• Onaway, Michigan
@infatuatedbby I wish we had a Victoria Secret by us I liked going in there. I like there body sprays. Never got any of there clothes though. I really can't afford there stuff unless I can find a site that pays in it.
@Tina30219 Yeah it's pretty expensive but I always manage to get some good deals =)
@sunrisefan (17928)
So you still got the better end, Ms. Michelle, hehehe!
I surely did haha Much rather have $20 than the lotions I have enough lotion!
@sunrisefan (17928)
@infatuatedbby Always the wise girl hahaha!
@sunrisefan I try to be!
@moffittjc (43033)
• Gainesville, Florida
You got lucky that VS provided good customer service to you when you called to complain! Usually, they will just give you the run around and make excuses about everything. At least in this instance the call to complain worked in your favor!
I chatted with them and I'm surprised they honored it! I wouldn't waste time on the phone :) I hate talking on the phone as is! Don't address me a flyer that doesn't relate to me!! I didn't know my card status til I had to take it out for them
@moffittjc Yay! See there is always some trick! Don't send me a flyer saying show my card if I don't have that card! Or say just for your if you have the certain card! All it days is show your angel forever card how am I supposed to know if I have that card or not!
Yes, sometimes some companies just do so in order to attract more customers no matter they are qualified to it or not. I get such kind of offer sometimes but then later I am unpleased to be noticed that I am not qualified to it. I am glad that you complained about it and they gave you rewards. At least they tried to fix their mistakes.
I normally don't come across any problems with this company but I was disappointed. I had the flyer addressed to my name, if it was just a curiosity flyer sure I understand but since I'm a cardholder and do not qualify why send it to me? Waste of their time and mines too!
@infatuatedbby Obviously they made a mistake or they just wanted you go there and it is likely you would buy something from there anyway
@youless well in stores didn't care .. I did spend the gift card and some money but I like their yoga pants so I got a good deal afterwards
@nomus24g (22997)
Marketers are known to play around with JARGON to fool the customers, its common practice across the globe. If only u catch hold of them on the wrong foot, u will be benefited, else they always have an upper hand on all these stuffs
@nomus24g (22997)
@infatuatedbby they just take a chance, but if Consumerism is strong in a country, then they can be sued..
@nomus24g Yeah people sue over the most silliest things.
@cacay1 (32915)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
, nice gift out of inconveniences hehehehe..
Hehe yes it was I will check tracking to see when it'll be delivered :)
Good for you for standing up for yourself
Thank you!!
It was a good idea to call customer service. Many more people should do this if there are reasons for complaint.
I actually chatted with the customer service representative. I didn't really have to complain much - just stated - I received the flyer addressed to me and it wasn't honored. They apologized and issued me a e-gift card.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
It was worth it, wasn't it?
Yes it was :) I got yoga pants and with purchase a free beanie and two panties!
• Pamplona, Spain
Not a lot you can do about it here. There is a complaints Bureau but that is for complaints that are to do with bigger affairs like Cars, and stuff like that. But that´s really good you managed to get that instead what a bargain.
Oh no - I won't complain to that extent. I just tested my luck ~ I sure enough had a good representative who helped me within minutes.
Good for you for following it up. I guess I usually just ignore it.
I wouldn't be bothered if I didn't get it :) But given that I went to the store & was denied! I was annoyed but luckily I only spent less than five minutes online via Victoria's Secret Chat for a great outcome!
@Mike197602 (13513)
• Worcester, England
You haven't mentioned VS for ages I'm sure your bf will have a happy x mas....yoga pants thoughI thought VS was for undies
Hehe they have a sport wear line, swim line, panties, bras, beauty, pajamas lol one stop shop! Online they have clothes available too
I wonder how many other people they had to do that for. Sounds like a stupid overlook on their part. Unless they were hoping to get people who would upgrade their rewards card status so that they could get the gift set? Glad you got reimbursed, as it were.
The credit card status goes based on how much you spend in the store. I wouldn't be able to upgrade my status at the store that day even if I made a big purchase. Then you have to maintain the status too! It was really stupid of whoever thought of this promotion. The store claimed this is a universal template. If so, disclaimer or along with the fine print should read While they last + check your card status before you go (or something) . Yep, got reimbursed.
@amandajay (18072)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Haha.... How ever you got a gift card,,,that's nice
Yes I use that gift card toward yoga pants better than lotions I have a lot already
@amandajay (18072)
• North Shore, New Zealand
@infatuatedbby yeah that's better
@amandajay yes I don't need more options too many already
You have every right to be angry and complain . I would certainly be so angry , when because of a deceiving card i would go to the store and claim the said "gift" only to be told i don't have the required tag of my card. I love it that you voiced it out and was given a $20 to compensate for your inconvenience .
Yes! Why even send it to me and address me to get it by showing my card. How am I supposed to know it varies depending on status of card holder. Waste of time, but I am sure a lot of people were anger so they compensated for the inconvenience. I was able to turn that card around and paid a little pocket money and got myself a pair of yoga pants, free beanie hat and two panties. :)
@infatuatedbby So you spent extra again just for that .
@SIMPLYD Hahaa =) But worth it!