Favorite Wrestlers of all time # 5- Macho Man Randy Savage.

Banks, Oregon
Macho Man Randy Savage was one of the larger than life characters in the 80's and, 90's, he was as popular as the Hulkster there for awhile, when they both teamed to form the mega powers, along with the lovely Miss Elizabeth, that team soon exploded though, due to jealousy and, Macho became the biggest heel in the company always feuding with Hulk Hogan, most notably at WrestleMania 4. Savage also had great feuds, with the Ultimate Warrior, Ricky Steamboat, Jake the snake, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair and, Mr Perfect. Another little known fact is Randy was also a pro baseball player for a little bit and, a good one, it was his first love.
@akalinus (15720)
My kids liked to watch wrestling and I got hooked on it, too. Macho and Hulk were a good team. Didn't Hulk turn bad for a while? Remember George the Animal who thought Miss Elizabeth belonged to him? Elizabeth, mine! I liked the soap opera that went with it. I think someone kidnapped Miss Elizabeth and also Jake's snake. Fun times, huh?
Glad to see another fan of the good old days of pro wrestling and, yes I remember that whole thing with George the Animal Steele too, like beauty and, the beast lol The Animal kidnapped her briefly until Macho man hit him in the back of the head with the ring bell I think.
@akalinus (15720)
@TRBRocks420 Since the kids went in other directions, I don't know much about what came after those days. We had a video of the Slammies that we watched sometimes. Don't know what happened to it. I loved the whole thing. Wrestling was wild and zany back then.
@akalinus Yeah, it was a lot of fun too watch. I still enjoy it, but it's nothing like the old days.
Great choice. I enjoyed his many fueds with the other wrestlers.
Glad to hear you like him too and, yes he had some awesome feuds.
@MissNikki (2689)
I didn't know that he was previously a baseball player! That's cool.
Yes, and a home run hitter :)
Ric Flare and Dusty Rhodes, those names bring back memories :)
Yes, two of the best of all time, you will see them later on in the series :)
• Rochester, New York
I was a huge fan of the Von Erich family! Kevin Von Erich is the only one who is alive out of the brothers. He resides in Hawaii with his family. I always adored Miss Elizabeth. I didn't realize that she and Randy were an actual couple.
I always liked the Von Erich's too, remember watching Kerry as the Texas Tornado in WWE, feuding with Mr. Perfect and, yes Miss Elizabeth and, Savage were married for awhile.