I'm NOT a HAPPY CAMPER! :(

I'm SO SORRY :(
@sugartoes (43897)
Greencastle, Indiana
I never like the idea of giving one of my pets to someone no matter HOW many I have, but I did & it PAINS me to NO END to hear what I just heard. I gave one of my dogs to someone a few mos back before winter & she PROMISED ME she'd take GOOD care of her well I just found out she has gotten HIT. I'm more hurt over that than what I'm dealing with with the power box & trying to get the cabin done cause she (promised) me she'd take care of the dog. I always take people for their WORD & when you break that you have broke my trust with you & when it comes to a PET I give you I expect you to take care of it & she didn't. The photo I have on here the spotted Aussie you see is the one I gave her, THINKING she'd stand behind her WORD now I feel bad cause if I HAD of kept her she'd be SAFE. NOW I hear she has a broken leg & she can't take care of her & here it IS COLD & she gonna lose her LEG over it that poor baby, I feel as if it's MY FAULT cause I gave her away. Here's the message she sent me on face book, I felt like I was hit with a MAC truck & I just put her in the WRONG hands this is WHY I have 7 dogs like I DO. Message > I wanted to let you know millie got off the leash last night and was hit I took her to the vet and more than likely her back left leg is going to be amputated unless I can find a miracle to afford the surgery to have pins put in so it would heal right. ...sorry hate having to tell you. I LOVE my dogs ANY DOGS for that matter I'm worried about the neighbors dog that lost his sister a few mos back & trying to keep HIM alive through the winter & NOW THIS. I know I can't take care of ALL the dogs in the world but it really breaks my heart the way people take care of their pets I TOLD HER what she would do if she ever got LOOSE. photo is mine, she was a good dog, I feel SO BAD for her.
I'm so sorry that happened. The message said the dog got off the leash. It didn't say she wasn't being taken care of. The woman wants to save the dog's leg if possible, but needs a miracle for funds to come through. I don't see her at fault. Not if the dog got off the leash. I've had several dogs in my life and one was a runner. All she needed to see was an open door. She was fast. If she got out before I could close the door, she was gone for three hours. She always came back, and I looked for her, but always had to give up the chase. She didn't want to be found or come home until she was good and ready. I wasn't a bad pet owner. Nobody is perfect. To me it sounds like she did what she could to take care of her, but the dog got away from her.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him I understand what your saying, I know I'm just being over active on this but I just feel bad cause I do what I SAY I'm gonna do & most people DON'T & now she's HURT.
@sugartoes I totally understand. I'm the same way. I'm a person of my word.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him I know you are & I really admire that & appreciate it cause there's very FEW that do stick to their word now days.
@VivaLaDani13 (22964)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I am sorry that this little sweetheart got badly injured! Please keep in mind that we all know and YOU should know this that you wouldn't have ever given the dog away if you knew this was going to happen so this isn't your fault at all. It isn't even the owners fault either. This was an unfortunate event that has happened.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 It shouldn't have happened at all cause if she HAD of done like she SAID she was going to she wouldn't have gotten hurt, I'm STILL not over this yet. but there's nothing I can do about it but except the fact it happened.
@Daljinder (22181)
@sugartoes Agreed with what @VivaLaDani13 said. It was an accident
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder that SHOULDN'T have happened if they took better care of her it wouldn't have happened.
I agree with Valerie. These things happen. It could simply have been bad luck.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JudyEv aren't you on Niume? yeah things I understand happen & I know I went over board on this & it's just not RIGHT she KNEW at the get go to take that EXTRA precaution to NOT let it happen KNOWING she's next to a ROAD like she is & she's a runner :(
@sugartoes Yes, I've just joined Niume. I'm still trying to get my head around it.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JudyEv ha ha ha I thought you did it's different I have to say I've been on it for a month & it's not anything easy to work with but it's mainly the same thing you do here you do there.
@carebear29 (28941)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Cute dogs
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@carebear29 thank you :(
@carebear29 (28941)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@sugartoes your welcome
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 (17721)
• Palisade, Colorado
I am so sorry to hear this. It is a shame that your friend didn't take care of your dog. I haven't been able to find another post on Millie. Is she ok?
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 yeah in a way she's fine but NOT the way I wish she was she's walking around & all but it just makes me hurt so bad knowing she was in a safe place with me that she SAID she would TAKE CARE of her & didn't.
@velvet53 (17721)
• Palisade, Colorado
@sugartoes At least she is alive and that counts for a lot. I am sorry that it happened but unfortuneately, it can't be changed. Have you thought about getting her back?
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@velvet53 yeah but I don't have no place for her since I redone the cabin & the OTHER 2 dogs that's in here has HER pen she was in plus the person that has her block me on face book so I just HOPE she's doing alright.
@Daljinder (22181)
How is she now?
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder the last time I talk to the person she said she was fine but I can't really say if that's right or not
@Daljinder (22181)
@sugartoes Did you get to visit her?
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder no which is a GOOD thing cause I would have taken her back.
@Julie555 (2548)
.I am so sorry.It`s sad.Must be very painful for you,as You are very attached to your pets
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Julie555 thank you dear, yes I just can't "let them go" with out feeling still attached to them & when I hear something like this it just KILLS ME. it's not just with MY pets either I feel this way about it's ALL PETS.
@Julie555 (2548)
@sugartoes You cannot adopt all of them.I wish there would be more people like you, so every living creature on this planet would live in cozy place,surrounded by love and care.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Julie555 I know I can't but the ones I CAN adopt will have a better chance in life than those I couldn't that's who I am & why I'm here.
@1hopefulman (35060)
That is so sad and I feel really bad for you.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@1hopefulman thank you it's a hard concept to except that you put your trust in someone to take as good as care of the pet as you have then to hear this just makes you feel guilty for giving that person the pet, you know what I mean?
@1hopefulman (35060)
@sugartoes Yes, I do and I would probably feel the same.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@1hopefulman then you know how hurt & upset I was over this.
right, but accidents do happen. -hugs- dogs can be slippery beasts. Mine has gotten away from me, and from J, and we managed to catch him safely, but we know better and yet it happens. No one is perfect, and well dogs can be silly creatures and get into trouble. I wouldn't blame them, sounds like they feel bad and are doing what they can. And a dog can be happy on three legs. I know it's stinks, but you did the best you could, and this isn't your fault.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Jessicalynnt thank you for that response & I know your right but it just hurts me SO BAD to know she's hurt & I feel as I have failed her when I could have just kept her & she'd be safe.
@sugartoes not necc. she could have gotten away from you too and been killed rather than just hurt. You don't actually know that something worse might have happened. Life is messy. Life can have accidents. This isn't like she was sent somewhere abusive. One of my dogs had to go live at my soon to be x mother in laws. Something could happen to him there, and yes I'd be sad. But I couldnt bring them both, and he is healthy and happy there.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Jessicalynnt no she was in a safe place here & never got away from me in the 2 yrs I had her cause I make VERY SURE they don't my pens are SOLID & SECURE she was TOLD to make SURE she was in a pen but she never did & just tied her up which is NOT A good way to keep a pet SAFE so I blame her for not doing the right thing.
@crossbones27 (22392)
• Redlands, California
That sucks, hope you guys can figure it out. Specifically why I do not like looking at other people's animals. Makes me think, even might be easier with kids than pets because they can understand commands better. I also hope your dog gets better becaise they both are adorable.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@crossbones27 thank you sugs, yeah it does suck to NO END & it really tugs on my heart that she's hurt that way too or at ALL.
@yukimori (9098)
I agree with Valerie, too. Sometimes things happen unexpectedly despite all the precautions we take. Would starting a Go Fund Me to help raise money to fund the surgery be possible? You might be able to find out how much it will cost from either the woman who has Millie or the vet, and then send any money raised directly to the vet to cover the bill for the surgery. Another possibility is seeing if the vet will accept Care Credit cards. Some do, and that will allow the surgery to be financed over time instead of paid all at once. There might also be local animal welfare charities that can help fund the procedure. Even if it's not possible to get the funding for the surgery to put pins in her leg, I imagine that Millie is going to be just fine. Most dogs seem to adapt to these things very well. I know that probably doesn't help the way you feel any... I'd feel just as guilty in the same circumstances.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@yukimori here there's no reach out place for such thing as this is the POOREST sorriest place I've been in ALL MY LIFE cause if there was I would have WORE it SLAP OUT on all the dogs I've saved over the 8 yrs I've been in this state. & a GO FUND me page that won't do what needs to be done either cause there's been to many scams that people just don't GIVE anymore but I do thank you for your help & advice on this.
That is sad that the dog got hit. I hope it will be ok.
@sugartoes (43897)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jstory07 It just kills me that this happened to her I know I went over board on how I feel about this but that's just ME about how this shouldn't have happened.