Would You Be Too ?

Last Saturday , hubby attended their office Christmas party , bringing with him the car . And so with his brother , who also brought his car .. At 4:00 a.m. as I saw the glow in the dark clock in our bedroom , I suddenly awakened to pee . Hubby hasn’t arrived yet . I called him on the phone , but his phone was unattended . I was worried ,because I know they had some drinking at the party as men always does on parties and he will be driving the car . Upon waking up , I went outside the house and took a look at the vacant lot near the house , if the two cars are there, because the garage was used for hanging the washed clothes . I saw the cars indeed , parked in two different parts of the vacant lots . I went to the car of hubby and peeked inside the tinted glass . My hubby was sleeping fitfully inside . I heaved a sigh of relief but was angry when I knocked and told him to sleep instead at the bedroom . He just opened his eyes and slept again . He was reeking with liquor . No wonder . So I let him just be there . If you were in my place would you get worried if your partner didn’t come home from a party ? Or would you be angry , because you got worried, like what I felt ?
I'd be so scared to go outside at night.. but glad he made it home safely =) I'd be upset too if I were you as you were very worried.
Yes, that's why i just slept on again until it's morning and i can safely go outside to take a look if he is there with the car . I guess , it's our natural reaction - get worried and would be angry that we were worried .
@SIMPLYD Yeah! I even get worried when my boyfriend doesn't pick up.. and he should be home. Since I don't live with him. But drunk driving is a no no, is it okay in your country?
@infatuatedbby Here , they are lax as to drunk driving . But when you met an accident and was discovered that you were reeking with smell of liquor , they will penalize you for that .
I would be worried and angry too. There is never an excuse to drink and drive. Many people have lost their lives because somebody choose to get behind the wheel while drinking. I would have been relieved when I seen that he was finally home but the next morning I would have let him know how I felt about how he acted.
I think we wives don't ever like our husband to drink and drive . My husband knows that because everytime he comes home drunk , even if he didn't bring the car , i would still tell him , angrily . Maybe he got used to me being angry at him when that happens , so this time he just slept outside in the car . Nevertheless , i still nagged him about it when he was already sober and have transferred in our room and slept the whole morning .
@SIMPLYD that is probably why he stayed in the car. Yes nag away he deserves it. lol
@Happy2BeMe Yes , i suppose that'[s why .
@ilocosboy (34344)
of course you are worried because you love him, and your husband should understand that.
Yes, he understand why i always feel that way when he drinks and drive . I think women are just like that - worries and get angry because they got worried over nothing .
@ilocosboy (34344)
@SIMPLYD its not nothing, its because you care
@ilocosboy What i mean of over nothing , is that he is after all just there at the vacant lot sleeping .
I'm glad he got home safe. I would have been very worried.
I am glad too , however i can't help nagging him for worrying me .
@SIMPLYD I would do the same.
@just4him It's uncontrollable when we got worried .
I would not react at that moment but have my say later and let off steam.
Oh you are a very calm person . How i wish i am like you .
@SIMPLYD We had to deal with our bro-in-law who came home drunk. We never confronted him when he was in that state as they are not normal at that time. I have taken picture to show him later how he looked. He gave up drinking - thanks to me.
@allknowing Oh i think i should also do that to my husband the next time he does it again . And i hope it will stop him .
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I would be both worried and angry. Probably more worried until I knew what happened and then I would be angry.
That's understandable . I guess it's the most natural reaction . I can't help being worried and angry at the same time while i still don't know where he is .
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@SIMPLYD I hope you gave him a piece of your mind for putting you through all of that.
@simone10 He made me understand what happened .
@Bluedoll (17074)
Wow. Around here they started up with this program madd even if someone isn't driving but has keys sitting in a car they can charge them I think. But caught in the act even first offense carries very serious charges. Its a crime. That alone is enough to be worried about.
@Bluedoll (17074)
@SIMPLYD Same here but during holiday time they have had road checks. Often the idea is not to make the policing of it the bad guy but an attempt to try to help people see the seriousness of it. MADD was started by a mother that lost a child to a drunken driver.
@Bluedoll That's a very good iniiative of the mother to start MADD .
Fortunately my husband is only a social drinker, and would never have more than one or two drinks. I'm sure I would be both worried and angry with him if he ever did that.
Good fo you because he only drinks that much . Although , hubby said he knows his limit and tha when he has a drink or two he is more so focused in driving . And i agree , we wives would react that way when our husband had a drinnk , too much.
@CoolPeace (1593)
• Miami, Florida
I will be worried and angry too.
I think it's natural for us to be that way , when our partners drink and drive .
@CoolPeace (1593)
• Miami, Florida
@SIMPLYD. I agree.
@princemaxp (2051)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
I would never drink so much.....
Good for you . That way , you are always far from meeting a car accident . Though , my hubby says he only drinks his limit wherein he knows he can carefully drive still . He said when he drank a drink or two he is even so careful and slower when driving .
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@PatZAnthony (12343)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It would be upsetting for anyway. Even your husband, if you were the one smelling of liquor and sleeping in the car.
Yes, that is true . Eventhough , i would have liked him to have a comfortable sleep , so i told him. to get up from there and sleep in ur bedroom , but he said he might vomit so , it's just there where he slept and easy for him to just open the door to vomit if ever he feels lik it .
I would be worried and angry.
I guess that's the most natural reaction of women to their partners when they do that .
• Marion, Kansas
Like you, I would be both worried and angry.
I think all of us will be like that , if our husband will do something like that .
Well, I am thinking drinking and driving could be harmful to himself and others.
Yes that is so true . But he said he isn't that drunk because he knows his limit and that he can drive the car with a sharp mind , when i nagged him about it .
@skysnap (17822)
well sure do.
I think everyone will feel that way . Worried , because he might meet an accident , since i know that he has a drink or two . Angry , because he got me so worried that night .
I would be worried, but I'm a worrier by nature. If I found out about the drink driving I'd be absolutely livid. There is NO excuse for that.
See, you too will be worried and angry too when your hubby drinks and drives . Everyone of us will surely feel that way . That is what i am always worried about that he would be driving and he drank some liquor . Though , he assures me that he is not that drunk , i still worry he might meet an accident .
I would be worried about him driving after drinking
I think it is the most natural reaction of everyone .
Yes, I would be worried and, slightly angry, but understandable if was drunk I guess it happens.
Yes, one cannot help to be worried and be slightly angry . Though it is understandable because he was drunk , we cannot curb our worry meantime we haven't seen what happened to them .