Sometimes you just don't feel like doing anything

Sometimes all you want to do is read, or listen to music, or watch t.v. Sometimes all you want to do is dance, or sing, or exercise. Sometimes all you want to do is lay in bed and keep warm under the covers. It doesn't matter what else you might need to do. There might be a mountain of clothes waiting to be washed, dried and folded. There might be a ton of errands needing to be ran. There might even be a few bills you have to pay. But that bed is calling your name, or that book keeps whispering in your ear. You are enthralled, almost zombie like in the want and need to do anything but what you need to do. That's me today. The laundry's in the dryer ready to be folded, and the bills are all paid, but I should do something to earn some extra income. I should be trying to find a few more presents for family members. I could even be wrapping present. Right now though, right now all I am doing is kicking back and reading. Am I worried (just the tiniest bit) that I am not making enough this week? Yes. Do I have enough in the bank to cover my bills anyway? Yes. That doesn't stop the itch that says "Earn More." That itch doesn't stop me from wanting to just kick back and read anyway. When was the last time you had a "lazy" day? **My hours for this week are bad like they were last week. Two days only this week and it stinks.**
@Platespinner (16532)
I often feel like I'm spinning my wheels. That's probably a direct result of how much time I spend providing transportation for my children. By March that should be over and I'll only have one child to teach and transport and I really need to start looking seriously at going back to work at least part time. There's enough money coming in to take care of us at the moment, but retirement is rapidly approaching (ideally in less than 15 years) and unless we make some major changes we're going to have a very lean retirement.
@Bluedoll (17074)
I got a headache. Making the best of it I guess.
I have another thirty years until retirement, but that doesn't mean I'm not concerning myself with it now. I don't believe that we can ever be without social security (there's just no way it can go "broke" no matter what people say) but it doesn't hurt to be setting money aside either. I thought March would only be the start of carpooling kids everywhere, with sports and other activities really starting up again.
@ScribbledAdNauseum In March my second son gets to drive again (he had a seizure in September which automatically means he's not allowed behind the wheel for 6 months), the soon-to-be-eighteen year old daughter should be driving independently by then, and the theatre production that three of my four kids are involved in will be done the second week in March. As far as Social Security goes, I wasn't in the work force long enough to qualify to receive anything on my own, all I would get from that is survivors benefits were I to become a widow. My husband is 51, and hopes to be able to retire at 65.
@magallon (17772)
I had a lazy Sunday and Monday this week. I just wanted to stay in bed and do nothing. My bed keeps telling me that I should stay and take another nap..
good night
@magallon our beds never have the best intentions.
@magallon (17772)
This time of year my depression is very bad and I don't have much energy at all. Some times not even enough to get on here. So I do know what you mean.
@ScribbledAdNauseum .....It's the time of year. Bad weather setting in so quickly. I hope you can set yourself up for a good year next year.
@celticeagle I hope so as well. It's been mostly rainy here, and we've had our cold days. It's not been too terribly cold though.
@ScribbledAdNauseum .....That's good. We started getting snow about a week or so ago.
@alberello75 (16530)
• Genova, Italy
Well, I want you to tell the truth, I'm already in pension. Too bad, that it is only 290 € / month. What do you think that I can do with this poor amount?
That isn't a lot of money to live off of. I am not sure what you should do.
@alberello75 (16530)
• Genova, Italy
@ScribbledAdNauseum In theory I should work. The problem is that from a part, there is no job, and from the other, I am invalid, then, the probability is pratically equal to zero!
@alberello75 There are not jobs you do from home for major companies in Italy?
I am so having a lazy day today because I'm really sick. =(
Yikes! I hope that you feel better soon!
@ScribbledAdNauseum Thank you! =)
@Hari101 (1133)
• Chennai, India
Yup. For the past two days, we have been putting plans but have not done anything productively as planned. The climate is also a reason. So, trying to do things as planned :)
I'm sorry you have had set backs. I hope you are able to do all you need to do soon.
@Hari101 (1133)
• Chennai, India
@deadreak (604)
• Dagupan City, Philippines
I think all of us experience that feeling, It really happen specially when we are tired or sleepy.
Yes, but I wasn't very tired either. Oh well.
@deadreak (604)
• Dagupan City, Philippines
@ScribbledAdNauseum oh you just don't feel.
@JESSY3236 (6070)
That is what I want to my day to be like, but I can't. I do need to finish reading a book that I couldn't finish last night.
The last couple of weeks, because of my work schedule, I have had more time on ,my hands. It's really not the best for me, as I start to worry.