I was being lazy but I won't be again.

I leave my washing machine in the bathtub and close the shower curtain. I just lift it out to shower. I got lazy and kept it there. I just went to the recycle room on my floor. I saw the super and a man with a clip board leaving out a man's unit next to me. I quickly remembered those surprise inspections. Well,I removed the chair out my room. Put the washer in here with a bath towel over the top. I hate that we can't have a washer. I had one for so long I need one now. After finding a used condom in the public dryer. I had to have a machine.
I don't blame you. I hope they don't discover that it is there.
No it's going to go right back in my room after it is used.
@sharon6345 That is a great idea.
A surprise inspection is never good. They are probably afraid of a high water bill if everyone has a washer.
My last owner charged me for water. I don't mind paying for water.
@Bluedoll (17074)
@sharon6345 that seems fair
@yukimori (9042)
Oh my gosh, that's disgusting. I don't blame you for refusing to use the public machines after that! At least it's small enough that you can move it around and conceal it if you need to. I'd probably set it up as a table with a nice tablecloth and a few knickknacks or a potted plant on top. It's really weird to me that you can have surprise inspections. Arizona law says landlords have to give us at least 24 hours notice before coming into the unit unless it's an emergency, so we don't have to worry about that sort of thing. Our property management company is really good about inspections and schedules them with at least 7-14 days notice, which is pretty nice. I just hate when they do it without enough notice for one of us to make sure we're off when they come in... I don't like people coming over in general, and I'd rather be here than have them just let themselves in.
I had 4 inspections in one year. I hated it. 3 were notified though.
@yukimori (9042)
@sharon6345 Oh my gosh, that would drive me crazy! We were having them every year with the previous manager, but the current one hasn't come through once. I think it's been about 4 years since our last one.
that is interesting that there is a washer that small
@Bluedoll (17074)
funny I was thinking huge shower
@Bluedoll I wouldn't be able to lift my washer even if the shower were big enough to hold it.
@Bluedoll (17074)
@paigea oh you don't have the ultra lite model that moves around the floor by itself and puts the water over the floor? I guess they don't sell those in the stores.
Oooh, Ick! We have a washer and dryer , dish washer and garbage disposal here. It is sure nice. Now that I don't drive we'd be in a bad way.
That is another good reason to have one.
@sharon6345 .....Hope they don't see it.
@UncleJoe (9484)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
BTW, we used to have a portable washer that hooked up to the kitchen sink. We even took it camping.
Yes I have had one like that too. good for us.
@UncleJoe (9484)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Wow! I didn't know those were washable.
I had to check the name here. Lol.
That is such a disgusting thing to find
That was the day I went out and bought myself a $500 portable washer..
@Bluedoll (17074)
Oh boy oh boy. I know we lease under terms. I understand drains and water usage can be a concern and legally we need to comply or face possible eviction. But really? I lived in an apartment once where the repair people were pushy and the managers bossy. Inspections are you serious? I answered door. He said two words and started to walk in. I stood in the doorway extending my hand full length and didn't move. He stopped or his face would have walked into my hand. I lowered it gently and said. This isn't a good time. I'm busy. Then I said, you will need to make an appointment. He never came back after that. What nerve they have with their surprise inspections?