Is Social Media a waste of time?

@EddieHands (37800)
I think facebook and social media is a huge waste of time. Which is why I cut down using it only to post my links to blogs and youtube, and then leave. It's how I make money on there from ad revenue. Other than that, if it didn't have groups I would say it's a huge waste of time!
Not for me being that is how some of my loved ones contact me.
• Thailand
I started Facebook for the same reason but it got out of control and I had nearly 2000 friends and never knew 80% of them
@JonathanNash I no longer add friends even if I do know them. I was tired of reading crap on my page.
• Thailand
@sharon6345 Yep I was was gonna remove Facebook for the same reason.
For me ,myLot is a social media where I get to interact at a global level. I am on a few blogging sites as well. FaceBook is where I have friends and family
@EddieHands (37800)
Yes I see face book is more about friends and family. You make a good point. I am hungry
@EddieHands I found my long lost office mates and classmates there.I have created a page for my office where I was once working and also a page for my school.
It depends on what you get out of it. Unfortunately you need those sites for business purposes. But outside of business, Facebook is dangerous.
@EddieHands (37800)
Yes it can be dangerous, some people even put their real names, address, cell phone listed on there. I think to much info to the public is never a good idea.
@EddieHands Exactly. Thieves and scammers learn about you. Your employers monitor Facebook.
Well, it depends on how you spend your time there. I still go there to lurk, but I stay out of the drama (the drama stuff is what made me post less over there). I still like keeping in touch with everyone and seeing what they're doing - that's not a waste of time. But if you're there to make money and aren't making that much, then I could see how that may be a waste of time.
@EddieHands (37800)
Yeah I like to lurk or spy on old friends from far away. I wont even add them, but a lot of them left their pages public. Even though we no longer talk. It's interesting to see them no married with children and stuff like that. But I prefer cherry pie
@EddieHands Oh yah, I've spied on people every now and then . And cherry pie sounds way better than FB drama!!
• Thailand
How do you make money from Facebook?
• Thailand
@EddieHands I dont have a blog so I would need one? I have a Facebook page and a group based around diving
I don't really think so. Sometimes we still need some time to relax ourselves and social medias are one methods of them. Besides, one day you will find it interesting to see your history in the social medias.
@EddieHands (37800)
lol I don;'t put a lot about myself on there. I just post links or post jokes on there Blessings !
@rina110383 (24069)
Yep, the reason why I'm not into it.
@EddieHands (37800)
meow yes that's right kitty! it takes time away from more important things like work, ice cream right? meow!
@Bluedoll (17050)
Do you have something better to do?
Sometimes ,yeah. A lot of people there are pretentious. I have already deleted those. Now, I only use facebook to connect with relatives and few close friends.