Tragedy

Riga, Latvia
Well now don’t worry the tragedy I’m referring to involves our cat Sid who has his own little desperate moments in life. So first of all while the cat was getting all excited I was reminded of the song “Tragedy” by the Bee Gees. It was written by Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb and included on their 1979 album Spirits Have Flown. The song became a hit and rose up on the Billboard chart to number one. Now let’s get back to the cat’s tragedy. Sid has a stubborn streak in him and when he chooses where he wants to sleep then that is the spot he keeps for a long time until he discovers a better place. Anyway my hubby and I discovered that Sid is very intelligent. In the living room we have a long table and my hubby works at one end on his laptop while Sid sleeps at the other end. Well one day I know that Sid was in the room but we couldn’t find him. I went to the store and when I came back I asked my hubby if he had seen Sid. He said he hadn’t even looked. As we were standing by the table a movement caught my eye and I looked up. There on top of a buffet was Sid sleeping in a glass bowl up there. Now here comes the intelligent part. The day before I mentioned to Martin that I wanted to have him take that bowl down so I could use it instead of leaving it sitting up there gathering dust. Well Sid was sleeping on the table at that moment and listening to every word. I could say he never had an interest about the top of the buffet or about that bowl. Suddenly mom wants the bowl so perhaps it is worth taking a look at. So while we weren’t around he actually got up on top of the buffet and chose to sleep in that bowl. That now is his new sleeping spot so no bowl for mom. Now for the tragedy – Sid had come down to get something to eat and then was ready to return to his post. He suddenly got confused about how he had gotten up there and ran about jumping from chair to table meowing and upset that he couldn’t get back up there. Meanwhile as he was running about that song came to mind and I was singing to myself. He finally did manage to jump up. I get upset every time I see him leaping up there. I mean he sits on the edge of the table below, takes two small leaps and then a big one and he looks like he is flying up toward the ceiling. However he manages to make it every time so I don’t worry. All I worry about is once he gets tired of being up there where else will he decide to sleep. What kind of little tragedies do your pets have? I have an important question for everyone out there – can we add a photo and a video to our posts? Here I have included the song “Tragedy” but I would have also added a photo of Sid on the buffet but one time when I was posting I noticed that if I added a photo my video didn’t show up only the link.
The Bee Gees were one of my favorite groups.
I have had success posting a photo and a link to a video. Sid in the glass bowl would be a sight to see. One very smart kitty cat you have. Oh, I do love the Bee Gees.
• Riga, Latvia
I will post Sid up there on top of the world @Corbin5
@mom210 (5800)
• Atlanta, Georgia
They were so talented! Cats are so adventurous, I have never tried to add both, I do not use links much. I look forward to finding out the answer though.
Cats will be cats. Doodles got one of his long claws stuck in a pillow on our brand new family room furniture, which he is not allowed on. He did it while we were asleep. My hubby found a long thread hanging, but managed to cut it, so it looks fine. Since the, we close the doors to that room. Stinker!