~How's Your Afternoon?~

Jacksonville, Florida
I hope your all having a good afternoon so far. I have been doing house hold chores and I'm about to start packing more soon... My husband called the guy that took Jules. He called from MY phone because the guy didn't know my number. Of course he wouldn't answer the call from my husband's phone but he DID answer from my phone #. My husband chewed him out for a good few minutes. My husband asked what happened to our dog. He said nothing happened to her, what are you talking about? My husband said she came here at 4 in the morning beat up and covered in ticks, and she has a hurt leg!! As soon as my husband said that the guy hung up on my husband! My husband is going to call the police and see if they will do something with the information we do have about him...
I wonder why that man wanted to have Jules - he obviously isn't an animal lover.
@jabouk I think he put her in dog fights and was trying to make money off of her. =(
@LovingMyBabies Oh my goodness - I really hope the police will arrest him.
@jaboUK I hope so too. That is what he deserves.
I must have missed a post. I hope the cops get involved.
@sharon6345 I explained it on my last discussion. I hope they will do something to him!
@LovingMyBabies I do as well. Good luck.
@Sasquatchy (1115)
Hello. I know I am jumping into the middle of a situation. Was it a dog sitter or something? Why did they have your dog in the first place?
@Sasquatchy We were rehoming her because she doesn't get along with our other dog. =( We thought the guy would take care of her but instead she arrived at our house at 4 this morning-scared, shaking and hurt. He didn't even know she ran away!
@LovingMyBabies Sad and amazing all at the same time! Crazy that she found the way back home! Sad because the guy who was looking after her to washed in a bath tub filled with ticks!
@Sasquatchy I don't know how she found her way back here but I'm glad she did. He must have left her outside all the time with the way she was covered in ticks. =(
That poor dog. Free to good home is never a good idea.
@NJChicaa She wasn't free. There was a rehome fee, just not a big one. Now I have raised the re-home fee hoping to find a better family for her.
@LovingMyBabies I hope you find the perfect placement for her. She deserves the best after what she's been through.
@NJChicaa Thanks we do too. It was really cruel and unfair for anyone to hurt her.
Glad that your husband could talk to him.
@marlina Yeah, I hope the police will do something when my husband calls them later.
@LovingMyBabies Hope so too!
@alberello75 (16565)
• Genova, Italy
Who is allowed to do harm to your dog? These people, I hate them!
@alberello75 Yeah we rehomed her and he abused her. =(
@alberello75 (16565)
• Genova, Italy
@LovingMyBabies But in the United States, there is a law that punishes those who abuse animals?
Apparently Jules went with the wrong type of person. A shame Jules had to suffer at the hands of someone who should never own an animal. Hope the police can do something.
@Corbin5 Yeah, he played us like a fool. We thought he would treat her really good... =(
@LovingMyBabies Well, hopefully a really good home will be found for Jules. Praying for a forever home for Jules.
I read your other post about the dog. It makes me feel sick just thinking about it. I really hope they get that guy. Maybe they can GPS his phone or something.
@mommymonky Yeah it does the same to us, and makes us want to take things into our own hands-but we won't. I hope they do too-he deserves jail time.
Shame shame on him for mistreating the poor dog and for lying about it. I'm glad that you got the law involved.
@Juliaacv Yeah I cannot believe anyone would want to hurt this poor baby. She's a sweetheart.
@skysnap (17822)
it was good. hope you are having a good day.
@skysnap Good. My day has been okay.
@Morleyhunt (19539)
You have his phone number. That should be enough for the police or animal control to locate him.
@Morleyhunt My husband's going to call when he gets off work today.
• Eugene, Oregon
I hope that they nail him for cruelty to animals. Is he involved in dog fighting? That can't be legal and the police need to know if he is.
@JamesHxstatic I think he is involved in dog fighting but I can't prove it of course. Jules looked like a dog attacked her. We called and the police said they would look into it but they did not seem very concerned at all.
• Eugene, Oregon
@LovingMyBabies Dog fighting is a felony offense in all 50 states. I hope the police are not winking at such barbaric "entertainment" there in Florida. Perhaps the local animal shelter could more easily find a good home for her?
@Tina30219 (32875)
• Onaway, Michigan
I am sure they will do something him hanging up proves he is guilty.
@Tina30219 Yes exactly-if he talked to my husband then maybe not but since he hung up like that we KNOW he was guilty! =(
@Tina30219 (32875)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Right. I am just glad the dog was smart enough and found his way back to you guys even if you can't keep him. I hope after the way this perskn treated him he does not become mean.
Some people. I hope Jules is okay.
@celticeagle I think she will be okay, thank you.
@LovingMyBabies .....Good.
Did the dog get out during the evening or was this guy supposed to be taking care of it ?
@enlightenedpsych2 We were re-homing her because her and our other dog don't get along. He seemed like he would take good care of her but he played us for fools... =( She ran away in the middle of the night and he didn't even know she was gone!
@LovingMyBabies that is quite unfortunate but truly exemplary of awareness within the human race, mostly null and void it seems
I would call the police and, the aspca that man should be prosecuted.
@TRBRocks420 The police didn't really seem to care. They said they would look into it. We all know what that means... Sad.
@LovingMyBabies They really are kind of useless aren't they. Oh well leave him to God, he will have something better in store for him.
@dragon54u (31604)
Good for you! I hope they get him and he ends up in a horrible place.
@dragon54u I hope they do something but last night they didn't seem to care much. =(
What a very rude man. He did do something to that dog.
@jstory07 Yeah he did hurt her somehow. =(
• Rochester, New York
Oh poor Jules. It looks like she knew who to come home to for protection.
@LisaSteinmetz Yeah, I'm glad she knew to come back here to us. =)
so sorry to hear this.
@amadeo Thanks, it breaks my heart.