Do Not Let California Fall In The Ocean

Redlands, California
Never understood this prediction. I get we have a lot of seismic activity, but they have to know that usually pushes land up. It is how we get mountains and what not. So how is California going to fall in the ocean if that is the case? I can see seperating from the mass continent of North America. Maybe it seperates in pieces because of huge seismic activity. Anyway, why do people continue to think California is going to fall in the ocean? I know, to many people, and they are weighing the state down. Anyway that has nothing to do with this song, but for some reason that is what this song made me think about.
VA - Hooligans United A Tribute To Rancid (2015)
I can't remember where, but I've heard it's not that it's going to fall into the ocean, but rather with all the ice caps melting, the sea levels are going to rise and the water will eventually cover the coast - thus California as we know it. But yah, I've heard the predictions for years!
• Redlands, California
That to me is way more logical. The real secret is most people hate California and just want it to fall in the ocean. That is not nice.
@crossbones27 I guess we are just too awesome . Well, but I wish our housing prices would fall into the ocean .
• Redlands, California
@much2say Me too, let the ocean stick it to the man is what the song should be called. lol
@Plethos (10262)
well,, as someone who lives at the end of the San Andreas fault on the bottom of the Salton Sea, i dont think it will fall, but maybe flooded. because as you said, it will go up. well this whole area, including yours, was once underwater as part of the gulf or pacific. and in massive quakes, water routes do change. the colorado river in my area is a prime example.
• Redlands, California
That makes sense also. We flood all the time when it actually rains. Well, not us but down the road where the dry river bed is. Still think that river would be flowing if people were not here. Amyway, many ways this state could go underwater but not the same as falling. Maybe I am just taking the saying to literall.
@Plethos (10262)
@crossbones27 - i used to live in the Inland Empire, and ive seen that water flow from the mountains to the flood channels during heavy rains. ive always read as to how that whole area and the banning, morongo and moreno valley all used to be underwater in the past. so maybe its just going to be the whole state going back to its original geography.
• Redlands, California
@Plethos That is interesting and can kind of see that if I envision it enough. I only have seen it because we got so much rain one time that the reservoir or what ever they call it was overflowing. It is in the base of the mountains. They let it open for like 2 days straight and she was raging. My German Shepherd was able to catch the after math and he hates water but loved that river that day.
@Sasquatchy (1115)
I can't see it falling into the ocean either. I could see the water rising and it going under! Do you have a back up plan if it does?
• Redlands, California
I like that one too, but alway have to remind people that is Florida. New Orleans also,marsh land and what not. Climate change can and supposedly will kill our beaches. I can see that. So you make a good point. lol I also have no back up plan except to have beach front property which I look forward to. I will finally move from the poor house to the rich house. Take that rich people. Actually my sister because it is her house, but like they say, keep it in the family. lol
@crossbones27 Nice! Gratz on the rich sister! lol
California is prone to earthquakes. I have read somewhere that earthquakes could cause California to separate from the US
• Redlands, California
That is very possible. Not falling though.
Never heard of this at all.Why would people hate California?
• Redlands, California
We a bunch of lefties. I personally ;lean left, not a liberal because that takes massive stones and most who claim they are liberals have done nothing liberating. I at least saved my dog from the pound. That was pretty liberal of us. California is really mixes like the country. The difference is many republicans are reasonable. They do not like to admit that but true. Until California opens up some weed stores like Colorado. This state is far from left.
@Bluedoll (17071)
Your right I've always heard that and thought it was true. Now don't I feel stupid. See you up there if it happens.