Favorite "Dead" Songs #10 - "James Brown is Dead"

Denver, Colorado
After hockey, we return to music with a series of favorite songs with "dead" in the title. #10 is where we jump on, with L.A. Styles' "James Brown is Dead." L.A. Style is a techno duo from the Netherlands, Wessel van Diepen and Denzil Slemming. Aimed straight at the techno rave crowds, "James Brown is Dead" was an international smash, reaching #1 in Belgium, the Netherlands, and Spain, and Top 10 in numerous countries. The song even peaked at #59 on the Billboard Hot 100, the first techno song, according to Wikipedia, to chart that high. If you went to the right kinds of clubs in 1991, you were sure to hear this one. And why not? It's fun to dance to!
Artista: L . A . Tema: Style James Brown Is Dead ( Original Mix ) Label:Arista Catalog#:615 057 Format:Vinyl, 12" Country:US Released:1991
Pure classic techno! Time to RAVE!
• Denver, Colorado
Rave culture rocks. I just never had the desire to take ecstasy, so I never made it to a rave.
@teamfreak16 I never went to a rave either. Too old for it and not into the crowd. But I liked the techno sound which can pump you up and spin you.
@FourWalls (15758)
Oh, this series is gonna kill 'em. And, of course, the Godfather of Soul was very much alive when this song came out...but then, so was Timothy Leary when the Moody Blues whacked him like a Sorprano in one of their songs.
• Denver, Colorado
It also inspired the techno classic "Helmut Kohl ist Tote." I believe Helmut Kohl was very much alive at the time.
Pretty awesome song there.
• Denver, Colorado
It's classic techno, for sure.