I Will Finish One Project Before Starting Another!

Half-finished practice project
United Kingdom
Good morning. I hope you are all well. I've recently decided to get on with some hobbies. Part of the problem, I find, is that I have a lot of things I enjoy but not so much time to do everything. Currently, I do have time to do things. Well, I say that. I did have a call just after I typed that, telling me I should have been at a meeting. So, I've now been to said meeting, and I'm going to get on with a bit more cross-stitch (that, if you can't tell, is what's shown in the picture). This is just a practice project, but I am hoping to have time to do a complete project. I have an idea in my head of what I want to do. I have a bit of trouble with realising my ideas. I know what I want my project to be, and to look like, I'm just not quite sure of how to get it the way I want it. I'm not very good with plans either, so not much use in me making myself a step-by-step or drawing my ideas first (also because I'm not very good at drawing). What I might do, in future, is set out cross-stitch projects on graph paper. That's one thing I can do. I just don't have any graph paper! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed sewing. I sewed up a dress which had ripped. I may need my other half to do it again, though, as I don't think I've done a very god job. I'm OK with the creative side, just not the practical side when it comes to mending clothes. I have also been making Christmas cards. When I say 'making', I've actually just been doing some felt pen drawings on folded paper. My idea for the next project is to incorporate cross-stitch into the cards. Another hobby I enjoy is fretwork. I tend to do that more during the summer, as it's best done outside. I'd like to do more of that. I'd also like to do more knitting, but knitting+cat=no knitting! I've also run out of glass paints (and other materials and resources to do more of other things) which is something else I'd like to do more. If I used up all my spare time completing my half-finished craft projects and creating all the things in my head, I could open a shop on Etsy! Other than those things, I've been teaching. Sometimes it's OK, other times not so much. I'm also waiting for some paperwork to come through so I can start another job, and we're still on the local authority waiting list for a move to another place. I like it where I am, and if it wasn't an upstairs flat, my other half would have just moved in here. Mini and I have been wrapping Christmas presents. I've already sent presents for my step-daughters. Oh, and we have another granddaughter. She's 11 days old. I am really hoping to see both of D's daughters and granddaughters next year. I've only met the eldest daughter once, that was the same and only time we met the eldest granddaughter, which was last March, when she was only 2 weeks old. The youngest daughter, we last saw last August when we took her to a crocodile farm. I think that was only co-incidence because her Mum and her partner had gone away and needed someone to look after daughter so sent her to stay with grandparents (D's parents) because, at 17, she apparently couldn't be left at home on her own for a week! Well, I am hungry and my noodles are ready. I'm just having a small snack because I'm going out for dinner tonight with D and a couple of friends. They've been trying to arrange it for the past two years! D has been a bit poorly for a couple of days, but I've told him we're not cancelling, even if I have to carry him there in a coffin. He should be OK though. So, what hobbies do you all have? Do you put things off and forget about them? Do you start a new project before finishing an old one?
I like sewing but I haven't done any for quite a while. I like knitting and have 4 projects on the go! I will never change I don't think.
I don't think it would be so bad if it was all the same hobby! I mean, 3 or 4 knitting projects OR 3 or 4 woodwork projects, etc. but with a project for several crafts, it can get rather messy and overwhelming! I really do need to start concentrating better on one thing at a time, though, so I can finish things because I intend to use them as one facet of the business I hope to grow!
@pumpkinjam I wish you luck!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I try to focus on one or two at a time.
@deadreak (607)
• Dagupan City, Philippines
Yes it is better to finish the first before going or transfer to another project. If you do not finish the and start another i assure you'll gonna be in trouble. It will gives you pressure.