Bag or Wrap?

Until the rage of the gift bags took over the world I would spend hours wrapping gifts at Christmas time. I remember being a teenager and my mom would pay me to wrap the gifts she was giving out to family because she hated doing it. It never bothered me to wrap and there were years I thought maybe I could get a part time job wrapping in a department store. Anyway, I have gone to using gift bags for most gifts now since they are easy and pretty cheap (especially in the dollar store). One of the presents I got for one of my grandsons is quite large so I needed wrapping paper so when I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday I wandered down that aisle. Oh what glorious choices of paper they had and it made me want to go back to wrapping all my gifts. The bows, paper and tags etc were all marked 50% off so I got 2 huge rolls. Whatever I don't use this year will certainly save until next year. Christmas morning with wrapping paper strewn all over the floor brings back so many good memories. Gift bags are nice and have their own purpose but this year we're doing the rip open the gifts in our house I'm sure the majority of people bag their gifts rather than wrap....am I right?
I do us gift bags these days for most presents but I agree that the wrapping paper is sure pretty.
forgot to mentioned.when I used to wrap.I use the comic and Sunday funnies.This make a great wrap.Ever try it.
My grandfather always wrapped in the Sunday comics and we would all see which ones we got
@Marilynda1225 It is fun and give it a shot.
I wrap. I look at those bags and pass them on by. Only a couple times have I bought a bag for a gift.
I used to spend hours wrapping gifts, but now I use gift bags.
@PainsOnSlate (20416)
I do both and we reuse paper...If its not smushed it gets folded and in a big bag under my stairs along with the rolls of paper for all seasons. There is a bag under there full of bags and another filled with ribbon. I liked and still do to use paper.
I'm all about the gift bags
I prefer to wrap my presents. I think people enjoy unwrapping gifts. I think they look prettier and you can be creative with the wrapping. I only use bags if it is something that is an odd shape and hard to wrap.
Neither.gift cards only or cash for me.
These days I am a 98.99% bag lady, no more wrapping, too difficult.
@hostessman (9756)
• Tucson, Arizona
we bag some of the bigger gifts but most of them are still wrapped
No, I do not use bags, I like to wrap my gifts and to use beautiful bows and tags to personalize each gift. The pleasure is while unwrapping the gift, there is no pleasure in getting out something from a bag.
I remember watching my mom wrap gifts - nice and neatly - always fascinated by that. I like to do creative gift wrapping, but admittedly gift bags makes life much easier. The great thing about bags is I keep the ones we get and regift them to others if it's in giftable condition.
@dragon54u (31636)
I still wrap most things. They look prettier under the tree and extend the anticipation for the recipient and giver both. Some things I will bag but most will be wrapped.
@shaynas (5527)
I like wrap more than the bags, specially when i receive gifts, as that get me thinking what's inside. :)
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
We the old do not like the new. We just keep up with them
I still wrap most gifts, but the bags are a lot easier for clothes.
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Wrapping is creative but bag is easier...lol
@Platespinner (17046)
We use gift wrap for our family. There's something special about being able to tear paper on Christmas morning.
I like to actually wrap a present. It makes me feel more in tune! LOL. I did use one bag - I bought a 2 foot tall stuffed snowman for a friend and a bag was the only way to go!
@quantum2020 (9760)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I sometimes buy the gifts that are already wrapped in paper, but I also prefer bags. They are more convenient and save time