The weekend is upon us once again....

I just can't believe how quickly the time is flying by. I had another sleepless night last night stressing about Christmas and the lack of money. My fiance's hours got cut back at work, not a good time for that to be happening this time of year. I need my meds for the month which is an expensive in itself. I am no where near ready for the holidays. By now my Christmas shopping would be almost done and here I have barely even started. There just hasn't been any extra money to do so. I know it will all work out as it always does. I am going out shopping sometime this weekend to at least buy something for my children and grand daughter. I already got my grandson's bought. Then there is the food for the Christmas dinner that I need to get. I still have a few more pays before Christmas but so much to do and so much to buy. Starting to really stress out and feel overwhelmed. I love the holiday season. I just have to get in a better mindset and everything will fall into place. It always does. Is anybody else feeling stressed and overwhelmed with the holiday quickly approaching?
Phew yes! I am totally freaking out at this point. I'm just trying to have faith that everything will be okay. No need in stressing things I cannot change (I have to repeat that to myself at least 30 times per day, Lol). I am still hopeful that everything will work out.
I tell myself that too but by my sleepless nights it isn't working. I hope everything works out for you too.
@coffeebreakwhatever That is a good idea.
I have a tendency to panic that all will not get done. I think too much focus is on the gifts and all the food to prepare, when the focus should just be on being together, giving thanks, and remembering the reason for the holiday. Now, only if I could remember that when the panic sets in.
That is so true. I can relax once I know I have anything. Then I enjoy the holidays.
I am just ready for all these gifts to be picked up. I don't like this pile up here in my living room. I got 4 packages delivered today.
You have done wonderfully with your Christmas shopping.
@Happy2BeMe I forgot one gift when I gave the money to my neighbor.
look no need to be stress.Just do the best you can.One cannot make everyone happy.Most people expect too much at this time. The gift of love is to share the food pantry,toys for tot etc.Most people do not need anything. Do not feel guilty of any sort.
Thanks for the wonderful advice. I appreciate it.
@moffittjc (45238)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm feeling very stressed and overwhelmed right now because I am fully expecting to lose my job next week. Horrible timing right before Christmas, but it may be a blessing in disguise. I have been so miserable there for the last two years, that it's taken its toll on my emotional and physical health. I finally had to start rocking the boat and ruffling feathers to try and get some changes made that would help me out, but instead I think I just pissed off the big bosses. I have no idea what I'm going to do if I lose my job.
@1creekgirl (11947)
Oh Jeff, I know the thought of losing your job is very stressful. But maybe it really will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. God delights in surprising us sometimes.
@moffittjc (45238)
• Gainesville, Florida
@1creekgirl It's just stressful for me because I am the sole breadwinner for my family. I don't my the change in jobs, but I don't know how I am going to manage financially between jobs. I just keep praying that God helps me get through this.
Oh Jeff I am so sorry to hear that. I hope it doesn't happen and that everything works out for you. That is heartbreaking at anytime but especially at this time of the year.
@Platespinner (17062)
I'm making most of my Christmas gifts this year...it's easier on my pocketbook, but I"m starting to feel the pressure of the calendar!
The time is passing to fast. What kind o gifts are you making?
@Happy2BeMe Placemats, mug rugs, aprons, sleep masks and hair bands (at least that's the current list--I keep having good ideas. I suspect I should probably start working on next Christmas in January ).
@Platespinner That would be a great idea. I wish I was that clever.
@dodo19 (33608)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm sorry to hear that you've had another sleepless night and that things are tight for you guys. I can certainly understand how you feel. Things aren't easy for us either. Hopefully things pick up for both of us and your fiancé is able to get more hours at work.
I hope they do too Dominique. I am sure everything will work out for both of us and our families.
@dodo19 (33608)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Happy2BeMe I'm sure they will too.
@Bluedoll (17052)
I'm looking for enough inexpensive wrappings so I can wrap myself up.
I can relate
No not really stressed. I just want it to get here. So, I can open presents lol.
Lol that is a good reason
• Preston, England
it is very stressful yes, and I have experienced reduced hours and income at work these last few weeks too
I know you have and that only adds to the stress
@saurabhrmp (2273)
• Hyderabad, India
i am always be happy when weekend arrives. and i am also happy that holiday session is nearby only. I think everybody will be for the same.
Yes very true
• Hyderabad, India
@Happy2BeMe , but anyways thanks for sharing
• Hyderabad, India
@HAPPSINGH , yes i am enjoying and meantime i taking out time for mylot
My daughter told me today there is only 15 days left and I have pretty much got nothing bought. I am going to start stressing soon too.
@HAPPSINGH Thank you
@Shaggin The time is just passing by way too fast!!
@Happy2BeMe I waited to long to buy things online to arrive in the mail now I have to go shopping in stores arg
used stores, and dollar stores, and some homemade things, you can do whatever you can do, don't stress!
I wish I was more creative when it came to homemade things. Homemade gifts are the best.
@Jessicalynnt I will have to do that..too late this year though.
@Happy2BeMe I guess that would depend on what, you could still do simple things, coupon books and stuff.
@Orson_Kart (4487)
I think having no money makes it less stressful, surely. You don't have to worry if you are buying the right present if you're not buying any at all. Just tell your family that Christmas is cancelled this year and settle yourself down in front of the tele to watch A Christmas Carol. That's assuming you have electric and access to the movie. Bah Humbug!
I wish it were that easy but I do love Christmas!
@Happy2BeMe Sorry for being so glib and insensitive. I hope it all comes good for you.
@Orson_Kart not glib and insensitive at all.I found great humor I your response.
I know what you mean... we were all talking about the holidays and now its really right around the corner!
It is hard to believe how quickly this month is passing by
@Happy2BeMe I know right and the days are going by quickly !!
@infatuatedbby They sure are
Money, even if not spending a lot, seems to disappear this time of the year. Food, a few presents, higher heating and lighting bills, etc.
That is true, everything just cost so much!
How awful to hear that you are so stressed over all this. Things will get done, gifts don't need to be expensive, and everyone should be happy being together. Don't let your health suffer. Do you have health insurance?
I do but I have to pay everything up front and then it takes about a month to get the money refunded to me.
@Morleyhunt (20946)
Most of your family and friends really don't need or want presents, but your presence can make a big difference. I watched my father for a year....people could send a Facebook message, or even send flowers, but he was more thrilled with that two minute phone call....or imagine...someone taking him out for a coffee. 30 minutes of their time and $5.00. Priceless gifts.
That is true!
@dragon54u (31636)
For years, I have refused to stress about the expense of Christmas. That's not what it's about, to me. This year I'm not giving gifts to my nephew's children because I don't have the money. I sent a card telling them that I love them. That's it. If that's not enough, too bad, they'll live. My kids are not getting much this year, either, but I'm not upset about it. Sure, I love to give them a lot but I can't and I can't change that. Your meds are a lot more important than giving people gifts or making something extra like cookies. I wish you would quit letting money stress you out. Get the essentials and if there is anything left, use that for gifts and stuff. Your fiance has YOU, which is the best gift you could ever give him/her. Your heart is a priceless gift that never quits giving. That's an awesome gift!
That is so beautiful. Thank you!
@HazySue (23054)
I am stressed but not about Christmas. I hope your fiancé's hours get back up there. What an awful time for that to happen. I hope it all works out for you guys.
He had no hours at all last week so he won't likely have a pay before Christmas!