Acupuncture Anyone

@ramapo17 (19125)
Melbourne, Florida
While I was on my last cruise I went to a lecture about acupuncture. I was ready to sign up then but decided to wait until I was home. I was afraid if the ship rocked a little the needle might go into the wrong spot. Has anyone ever experienced having acupuncture anytime and did it help and is it painful?
@moffittjc (35760)
• Gainesville, Florida
My girlfriend gets acupuncture to help with her Crohn's management. She says it does wonders to help with any pain issues she is having. She says it also helps her with stress relief as well. It doesn't matter if it works because of scientific basis, or because she believes it works in her mind, the important thing is that she feels it works.
@ramapo17 (19125)
• Melbourne, Florida
That is so true. What one thing works on someone might not work on others. It all has to do with our way of thinking. I am almost ready to give it a shot. My ears are really screaming. Sometimes it is so loud, like right now, and other times I do not hear anything. How often does your girlfriend go? How long is the actual procedure?
@moffittjc (35760)
• Gainesville, Florida
@ramapo17 Since Crohn's disease can flare up and go into remission, how often she goes depends on the severity of her flare ups. Generally, she goes once a week, but sometimes when she has bad flare ups, she'll go two or three times a week. She usually isn't there for more than an hour, sometimes less.
@ramapo17 (19125)
• Melbourne, Florida
@moffittjc That can't be pleasant. I had a friend that had that and he missed so much work. I always had to do his work.
I have never experienced acupuncture. My sister is trained to do it, and she has performed acupuncture on other family members, but I have yet to need her services.
@1hopefulman (20423)
I went for a series of sessions some years back. It was uncomfotable and got no benefits whatsoever. I would not pursue that healing modality again.
I would be to scared to have acupuncture.
Sorry, but I am way too chicken to try acupuncture.