Okay so I no longer hate Cortana.

Dallas, Texas
I only thought I hated Cortana. That was because I didn't really understand her. I continued to ask Cortana to find my music and was able only by chance to get her to find some of my albums that were found when clicking on the music notes in the upper right hand corner of the Cortana pane. This allows Cortana to 'Listen' to what is playing in for instance, Windows Medea Player, and when I first play a song in particular from an album by a certain group, in my case,''Bloodrock' , Cortana listened to the song while it played over the microphone or over the system, some way or another and Cortana recognized the song and started a play list below. After that, I chose other songs from other groups and Cortana listened to them and added them to the list. Then I said, "Hey Cortana, Play 'Bloodrock" and Cortana responded with - "Playing Bloodrock" Then The window to Groove Music opened right on up and displayed all of the Bloodrock music that comes from all of the albums by Bloodrock and started to play the first song. So I guess my initial HATE for Cortana was based only on my frustration over NOT EXACTLY KNOWING HOW TO MAKE IT WORK by following directions given by her. It seems that I was wrong. I like Cortana just a little bit now. Maybe one day, when I figure her out I will like her a lot. Time will tell. lol
• Uzbekistan
I don't have an opinion yet. I have nothing I want to know from her. I like the whole idea, though.
• Dallas, Texas
It's like learning a new form of computer language. At first it is nearly impossible to understand the logic of it but when I take time to just follow the prompts I find that there are ways to combat frustration with persistent determination.
• Uzbekistan
@lookatdesktop Do you also argue with the sat nav you have in your car? :-)
• Dallas, Texas
@MALUSE If I had one I probably would. lol
Well, you have figured out more than I have. I just ignore Cortana
• Dallas, Texas
I have had issues with Cortana when I am watching a movie online when she speaks out and says, "Sorry I didn't get that." lol
Cortana keeps asking me to ask it something, but I ignore Cortana. Maybe one day when I am really bored, I may get to know Cortana.
• Dallas, Texas
Don't let Cortana spoil your day. It can sometimes be a real distraction. Aren't there enough of those distractions in our life already? lol
@dragon54u (31638)
Cortana helps a lot of people and makes things easier for people with little time to spare. I won't use it, myself, but I'm glad it is there if I should ever be in a position to need it. A computer helping me is just so creepy.
• Dallas, Texas
I only hope the powers that be don't tell us what we can use and can't use on our own computers for instance, I don't like being told, "An administrator prevented you from installing this app for your protection and not tell you what kind of protection and what did the app have that was going to hurt me?" I want to be the judge, and jury of my apps.
@hostessman (10142)
• Tucson, Arizona
good luck I hope it all turns out ok for you
• Dallas, Texas
I only wish Cortana came with a few pages of instructions or tutorials. lol