Have you ever been in violation?

Dallas, Texas
When I used to be more active at Yahoo! Answers as a level 6 contributor, answering questions from A to Z as best I could, I sometimes opened my email and found a notice from them saying, "Your answer has been reported." I lost some points by doing that, and for some reason or another one other contributor at Yahoo! Answers just didn't like my answer. I always try to be honest, frank and positive in my answers at that site but when I got those occasional email warnings about violating terms of service with those guys I often became at first glance, pale in the face and felt a sense of overwhelming dread that was rectified after I wrote at least 10 new answers that were in their expert opinions, more in keeping with their TOS.
@LeaPea2417 (23226)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That has happened to me in the past with Yahoo Answers and I felt the same way you did. I still answer questions on that site but not as much today as I did in the past.
• Dallas, Texas
I think Yahoo! Answers is a funtastic place to get some good answers to honest questions. I use it more to get answers than to answer questions thus I lose points. lol
@LeaPea2417 (23226)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Bluedoll (17039)
Correct me if I am wrong. It's been too long since I used yahoo. To think at one time it was the leading search engine! You loose if someone reports even if there is nothing wrong?
• Dallas, Texas
They simply drop your points a little and warn you not to do it again and remove your answer. The thing is, it would be very self destructive to intentionally answer questions in a sarcastic manner as this would reflect on your own poor character and reputation. I expect being reported is a common thing in social media of any kind because there are arguers and there are agitators out there looking to knock down people with the best of intentions.
@Bluedoll (17039)
@lookatdesktop when i answered questions the points didn't give you anything but points?
@nomus24g (25481)
Never tried answering on Yahoo or Quora
• Dallas, Texas
Try it out if you want. It's free to participate and you might get some real satisfaction from helping out others who have many questions to ask.
@owlwings (40038)
• Cambridge, England
I made a lot of friends on Yahoo360 and then Yahoo Answers. It was one of those friends - @pumpkinjam - who recommended me to try MyLot, in fact. I did occasionally get an answer reported but I reported FAR more (and still do from time to time). I was even invited to Yahoo headquarters in London once (but that was because I was also an owner of a folk music group on Yahoo) and met a few of the Answers UK moderating team - no more than half a dozen on the desks, I believe. I was impressed that they seemed to know me as a contributor, anyway! That was a fun day though I'm not sure how much I really contribnuted!
• Bournemouth, England
My girlfriend used to answer questions on there and got to quite a high level. Looking at some of the questions and answers that others post on there - and which remain up - I am surprised to learn that there ARE rules!
@Vjvals (923)
• Roseville, California
I always got very kind responses from the contributors at Yahoo! Sorry you had this from them. I miss that site. No violations on any site but I have had responses that I thought were not right since I was always cool with them but I had others ways to handle it.
I never wrote for Yahoo Answers, but I have read some pages while searching for something. Many times there is a lot of garbage there.