A Get It Done Kind of Day!

@Morleyhunt (15947)
It's a cold (frigid) day in our art of the world. The sun is shining, as we seem to be an oasis of blue sky surrounded by snow clouds. Laundry day started early. Because of the cold temperatures I decided to use the dryer and. Ot hang my laundry on the clothesline. While the first load was in the dryer, I tackled the walkin closet. For the last year you could not walk in....you could not even reach in, if was full from top to bottom. An hour later, the closet was partially empty, everything neatly stacked and a large bag waiting to be donated. While the next load was drying, I wrapped Christmas gifts. This means th bags of stuff behind the sofa are now wrapped and under the tree. A quick trip was made into town to drop off the large bag of donations and pick up the fixings to make lasagna for dinner tonight. Once I was home, the laundry was folded and put away and lunch was put on the table. Now, it's barely 1 PM, and I can spend some time sewing themchristmas gifts that still need to be made. Late this afternoon, my four year old granddaughter Sandra is coming for a sleepover. So, how have you spent your day?
@Platespinner (18095)
You appear to have been more productive than me. Three loads of laundry on the clothesline. It's really cold, but since I fried my dryer a week ago I don't have a choice. One victorian style shirtwaist completed (I started it Thursday night), one victorian style skirt nearly done. Ideally I would like to have a second shirtwaist done this afternoon, but since three of us have to be in costume and in place in 3 1/2 hours I'm not sure that is going to happen. I don't even want to talk about my closets at the moment! (And I'm only here while I nibble a quick bite of lunch and sip a mug of hot coffee).
@Morleyhunt (15947)
Oh my. My house is quiet at the moment. I have an alteration I need to complete...then it's make pyjama pants time.
@Morleyhunt I like quiet....thankfully my kids are old enough that "quiet" no longer means trouble!
You've had a whirlwind busy day, but so productive! I was up before 7 today and started making slow cooker stuffing before the coffee pot finished brewing. My husband's family gathers today, and we are a large crowd, and I was asked to bring my slow cooker stuffing-which I make 4 batches of, as well as red cabbage. After I got that on and cooking my husband and I have been having a quiet day, but we'll leave in a couple of hours and enjoy the party. I am sure that you'll have fun with your granddaughter coming over-enjoy! Be careful though, they are calling for our first winter storm to begin over night tonight.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
Other than church, there is no place I have to be tomorrow.
So glad to hear that your making home made things.My day was good.Just finish making a pie and not a nap is in order.LOL
@Morleyhunt (15947)
My family is tall. They can't buy pyjama pants that are long enough....so, I make pyjama pants for anyone who wants them.
hmmmm, let me think, fed the 4leggers, got my coffee, keypunched for a while, fed myself, keypunched some more, drank some honey lemon water, chased Ally about the yard for a little while, keypunched somemore ..... dang, it was an exhausting day ~~~~~ oh, made lunch and ate while watching a show on Hulu. Real exhausting
@Morleyhunt (15947)
It sounds like you accomplished something. Tired can be a good thing.
Ok, the keypunching earned me points here and at another site so I guess all was not a waste @Morleyhunt
I am tired just from reading what you did! I am having a very slow day today.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
My afternoon slowed...sort of.....Sandra arrived earlier tha I was expecting. What a little ball of energy. I wish I could siphon some off and use it myself.
@annierose (17417)
Today is another day. I just started it. No formal classes because of the activity in the Music, Arts, Physical and Health subject The students are very excited to watch the volleyball play.
My granddaughter Carolina came over for her literary workshop. We talked for a while about literature, I had her read a short story by Julio Cortazar and then, while she wrote a very good short story, I cooked lunch. We ate it and I read and painted over the writing what we must check later while she had a small nap.
Wow! You were busy! Yesterday I decorated the tree and watched more Olympic coverage on my DVR list as well as got some writing done, and did myLotting and Swagbucks. I only have presents to wrap now. I live alone so I don't have a lot of housework to do.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
One less person in the house....this seems to really cut down on the housework, now it is just my husband and myself.
@Morleyhunt Yes it does, and without children under foot, I don't need to wash floors as often or do more than a wipe down in the bathroom.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
@just4him while my father was living with us, the Lysol and paper towels were close at hand in the bathroom. Everyone who came regularly knew the drill. If you spot something amiss...a wipe down of ever surface with Lysol. Then just leave the paper towel in the bathroom trash. My husband would come home from work, sniff, and apsay, Again? I don't miss that at all.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I made gingerbread men and women for my brother to give to his employees. Today I am going to attempt to make homemade cinnamon raisin bread for him to give with the gingerbread.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
Good luck with the cinnamon raisin bread. I try to do my baking on the weekends to keep our hydro bill down. We are on a time of use billing system. The rates are almost double during normal daylight....working hours.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Morleyhunt That's awful about the electric rates. It makes it kind of hard to cook for the holidays.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
@simone10 Ontario has the highest electricity rates in Canada. Then add 13% sales tax, as if the high rats weren't enough on their own. I try to schedule so many things for evenings (after 7 PM) and weekends. Too bad my ambition peaks at about 9 AM, weekdays.
To was my little brothers birthday he's 12 so he kept telling me he wanted to have his day at a farm I could not believe this is what he wanted as normaly it's go carts or shake parks but hey a farm can be cool so we got there and turns out they was holding a seg way ride its like a skateboard but more like a hover board that's our day
@Morleyhunt (15947)
Sounds like you had fun.
@Morleyhunt great fun your should try and your granddaughter
hmm, now i feel a complete bum! readin' all ya accomplished jest plum wore me out 'n laid a bit'f guilt's well. 'course, i reckon i've sorta a good 'xcuse? they've been auctionin' off the neighbors schtuff today 'n i've done loads 'f paw holdin' - that pup 'f hers (now ours...long story) t'was most distraught o'er all the folks that came (o'er 40 p.u. trucks 'n a couple'f cars) 'n all the noise. i feel so sorry fer him :( 'tis jest wonderful that the wee one 'tis comin' fer a sleepo'er. i wish mine lived close 'nough to do the same. big hugs! p.s. i did manage 3 loads 'f laundry, ran the vac, mopped the floors 'n made 3 batches 'f chex mix. but, could'a done lots more...
@Morleyhunt (15947)
This makes up for the three days this week I did nothing around the house.
You got a lot done today. I wanted to go out shopping but it was just too cold so I didn't feel to go out. With the windchill it is -22c. So I just did things that needed to be done around the house. We are also having lasagne for dinner tonight. Enjoy your time with your grand daughter.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
We always enjoy having Sandra over. I pick her up Monday after school and she has a sleepover, then on Tuesday morning I return her to school. Her mommy plays volleyball on Monday evenings. This routine saves everybody a lot of running around.
@Morleyhunt That is wonderful. I always have my grand daughter on Thursday evenings because her mom works.
@morelyhunt I mostly read today, and I didn't have as busy a day as You! I am going to fold all the laundry I washed on Thursday sitting on the bed in my dressing/storage room! Other than that I will be reading and on My lot of which I took a vacation. My sister is coming next weekend to help me wrap presents. Friday was busy the cleaners came and then my sister and nephew, and we had a party I don't know te occasion, but she brought pizza and all kinds of treats! and I tried some clothes she bought me!
@Morleyhunt (15947)
I could use a day of reading.
@Morleyhunt I did end up putting the laundry away and heating up dinner and doing dishes twice today. I am doing a lot of reading because I am downsizing and I have many reading material in which to get rid of sometime soon!!
I've been busy, but not as busy as you have been! Wow! Enjoy Sandra's sleepover and get some rest yourself!
@Morleyhunt (15947)
Sandra is a little bundle of energy. She went non stop until bed time. Hopefully she doesn't get up in the night.
@Morleyhunt It's so nice to have them over, and so nice when they go to sleep. Hope she tired herself out enough to sleep through the night!
@kaka135 (13479)
It's a productive day. It's just 1pm and you have already done so much. For me, it's always like - it's already 3pm, and I haven't got many things done yet!! I am currently busy planning for a new year + new homeschool year (our school year starts in January here) and organizing my home + computer stuff. When my children are awake, I have to sometimes entertain them, carry my baby or take a nap if I can.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
When my children were young, work was done in fits and bursts when they were napping, or they were grossed in some activity that needed minimal supervision.
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I thought I had a busy day until I read this. I stand corrected!
@Morleyhunt (15947)
Wait until you hear what I have planned for tomorrow.
Somewhat productive, but not that productive!
@Morleyhunt (15947)
Not ever day is that productive.
We went shopping out of town. Then finished shopping in our town because it's supposed to snow a lot.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
They are suggesting 6" by Monday morning. That's nothing to worry about...now 24" by Monday, that would be more of a problem.
You certainly have been a very busy bee today. I spent most of the day doing boring housework but after dinner I expect to relax and do some crocheting.
@Morleyhunt (15947)
I finished the alteration I was doing, but Sandra arrived before I could start on the pyjama pants. Initially I was just making two pairs for my older grandsons for Christmas....now I'm up to 5 pairs. I still need to make one fancy hair and for one of the granddaughters. Tomorrow afternoon I should be able to spend done time at my sewing machine.
I have been cleaning most of the day so far. I got the dishes done, vacuumed the house, mopped the floors, and now I'm here. =) It sounds like you had a productive day as well!
@Morleyhunt (15947)
I still have quite a bit of sewing to do in the next week. We'll see what I have done by tomorrow night.