Puncture and Ethiopian Prayer

@Jackalyn (6644)
Oxford, England
Green Flag are not in my good books. I left a meeting at 4 to return home overnight. I shall need to stay at least another week with my daughter as she is still ill,but today I took a break. My plan was to drive home to Oxfordshire and go to preach at the detention centre and then return better equipped. I offered two friends a lift. Somehow I hit a kerb and got a puncture. Green Flag kept saying they were coming, but took about three and a half hours to arrive. Of course, I wanted to go to the loo. I have no idea where in London we were, but the only sensible place to go was the church I found having a prayer meeting in what I think was Amharic.
I hate when this happens, I hope you did not wait too long.
@Jackalyn (6644)
• Oxford, England
We did wait very long.
@Jackalyn This is horrible, the time seems never to pass when you are waiting.
Well, at least that was an interesting experience while waiting for Green Flag. They keep us waiting here too. (Alberta Motor Association here)
@jackalyn I hope you were taken back to your house safely!
@Jackalyn (6644)
• Oxford, England
No. The guy they sent changed the tyre, Bit we then had a 70 mile journey home.
@Jackalyn I am sorry it was so long to home. I hope you eventually returned home. Did you stay at a hotel or did you make the long journey home?
@Jackalyn (6644)
• Oxford, England
@Marty1 We went home.All of us had to preach in church Sunday so we needed to get back.
That must have seemed a bit surreal. I bet you could have done without the puncture too.
@Jackalyn (6644)
• Oxford, England
It was rather interesting. I am used to African prayer meetings, but usually I pray and do not gatecrash them to use the loo!
Annoying thing! , run into a snag and waited so long.You must have been so anxious that every moment seemed on eternity then.
@Jackalyn (6644)
• Oxford, England
I was concerned as I wasn"t sure what I did to the car.