So often I come back to perspective.

Centralia, Missouri
So often I come back to perspective, and this photo is the one that comes to mind. On one hand the photo bomber ruins the ability to see the background fully, but on the other hand it adds both a touch of humanity and a hint of place/location/flavor to it. I both like, and don't like that he made his way into that photo. Why did this come to mind this morning? Because life isn't clean. Nope, life is messy, disorganized, and random. It often photo bombs what we might otherwise see as a perfect photo, and think is ruined. But was it really ruined? Or was there a lesson there? Was it to remind us to be patient, or kind? Was this a chance to pay something forward or learn something? Controlling every element of something may, for a short time, make us feel better about our lives and the events in them, but is that really living? Living is messy. Living is chaotic. Living has rules, but those rules often change, and are fluid. We have to shift, we have to compromise, or our worlds crack around us, and eventually we break. There is beauty in the problems too, just like there is beauty in the perfect moments...or if not in the problems in the handling of them. What I am trying to say is, in my own clumsy way, is to keep an eye on how you think about things. One broken dish doesn't ruin the world. One argument doesn't ruin the day. Those little times when life photobombs you may, you think, ruin a moment, but often, in the end you get something FROM those moments. It may be hard to find, it may be something small and quiet, but it's there, somewhere. It might not even be a moment for you, it may be a moment for someone else, that you ended up participating in. Take hope, take in the beauty when you can. Reach out for help when you cannot. Needing help is ok too, so is accepting it. It's been a rough year for many, and I see it getting rougher, not easier as the days go by. Just remember, that life is still precious and beautiful, and not easily ruined. The photo may not be what you thought it was going to be, but it's still beautiful.
@TheSojourner (17448)
This is one of my favorite things that I've ever read here on this site. What a great reminder of looking Beyond exactly what you see in your face. That has been my message for many years with a kind of coaching that I do. Excellent piece.
wow, really, um thanks. I felt as if there were someone's out there today who needed to hear this
@Jessicalynnt When we speak our truth in vulnerability, I truly believe the universe puts it exactly where it needs to be and in front of those who need to see/hear.
@CoralLevang I think so. some of my best poems are the ones that I feel I am led to write, that I wake up with words rattling around in my head, that tell me they must be written, sometimes a post is like that, like this one
@Jessicalynnt Great post!
Why thanks
This time of year is even worse for people who are already sad. But it is a time of joy, if you remember why we celebrate. We can all be reborn in our own way too...you are doing it right now.
You are quite right there
Beautifully written with profound meaning.
Why thank you, I hope it reaches who it needs to
Yep and it's easy to get discouraged when everything seems to go wrong at the same time too. It's all in how we deal with it.
And never fails things go wrong in chunks
Life is filled with a lot of epiphany moments that can take you by surprise. Those photo bomb moments don't need to be explosive, but calming.
well sometimes they can be board to the face abrupt, but often I find that they are quiet and sneaky
@Jessicalynnt Word clarification - board - a piece of wood. Bored - would like to be doing anything else - or broad - wide.
@just4him I actually meant a piece of wood, like a wake up call, something that comes along and out of nowhere you get smacked with a realization or understanding
Yes, good and bad alike we learn.It is the adventure that counts.
there is that too.
@Jessicalynnt ....And curiosity for me. I am so curious about the future.
Life is a business. We really should, during life, to expect to be disappointed, so we won't be disappointed, or soften the blow of disappointment a bit.
if all we have are good things, honestly, they'd start to be less appreciated, and feel less earned, you know? like light needs dark, dark needs light.
@Jessicalynnt You are so right, my friend.
Well-spoken Jessica. Thanks for your thoughts and you are so right. Life is good.
life is good and bad really, but what we focus on can make a huge difference
Irionically as soon as I opened this post and saw the photo I had the same thought... The man is in the way of the beautiful artwork but them though as well him being in the photo made it look kind of neat as well. It made me wonder if you knew him and placed him just so in the photo. It would make kind of a neat self portait for him.
I did not, I was in Japan and wanted a photo of the art in an alley, didn't even catch until we got home that night that he was there, and this was the ONLY photo I had of that wall.
@patgalca (14301)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I saw a post on Facebook that said to make a jar for 2017 and put notes INTO the jar indicating good things that happen. I have my jar ready. Let's hope I can fill it up and maybe have to make another. Actually, let's hope I remember to note the good things that happen and put them in the jar. I thought 2016 was going to be a better year but every year seems worse than the year before. Praying 2017 will be a good one.
some of it is what we make it, it was a bad year, but I am in a better place now, so for me, it was a good year too. I like this jar idea
@puddleglum (1418)
Wonderful thoughts! If we keep the perspective you describe, then we won't be as likely to miss the beauty and truth in life's imperfections. It's interesting, your post aligns with a picture I saw on Instagram just this morning. (Image credit: Instagram account, faith.hope.love567)
I had someone share that with me not that long ago, to remind me that I wasn't broken, just changing and becoming something different
@Rohvannyn (3118)
Very interesting thoughts and a good lesson to take. Hope is a very good thing to keep in mind, and it's very good to stay out of the black and white mindset that wants to insist that one mistake ruins the whole day.
yeah that all or nothing is actually very much a fallacy in the way one thinks, identifying those and correcting them will deff be better for the person