Lament of a redundant Christmas Elf.

@xFiacre (10388)
Ireland
"You're going to offer to buy me a drink, aren't you?" That's what I said when you sat down beside me at the bar. "Well, would you like a drink or not?" you said. I said I'd like a whiskey and you ordered it but you didn't order anything for yourself, you wanted to keep a clear head and I knew why. Whiskey and a heart full of stories can be a lethal mix, especially in a bar near a train station and you knew what effect railway sounds can have on me on a wet night in a cold bar that's empty apart from a tired barman wiping stuff with a dirty cloth and a few hesitant travellers and everything feels like it's going on in the grubby pages of a meaningful and therefore depressing novel. Now you've turned me into a character in your dismal story, all for the price of a few whiskeys, and people are going to think I got my stories from the novel that's going to make you rich.
I think you have a very suspicious nature!
@xFiacre (10388)
@judyev Darkly twisted some would say.
*looks around bedroom* *sees whiskey bottle* *looks at end of yard* *sees railroad tracks* *it's dark, cold, and raining* Dammit, now you've turned me into a character in your discussion...
@xFiacre (10388)
@jolietjake I thought I'd met you before somewhere. Are you in Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment?