Diary Monday 12th December 2016

Photo taken by me – my record player
Preston, England
I woke with some disappointment to find that the leaking toilet which the plumber fixed yesterday was leaking again but fortunately he was free to come round right away to fix it anew, replacing the pipe completely rather than sealing it over with glue, so it should be safe now. The vinyl record player I ordered from someone on Freecycle was delivered today as promised, and I was delighted to see that while very modern it is designed to look very antique. It is also very easy to operate so I spent much of the day writing with my LP’s playing in the background, the first time they have been played in over a decade. They sound great. Arthur Chappell
Oooh, that's nice! Likey-like. :)
I cant believe someone just gave that away, it is lovely
• Preston, England
good sound quality too @Jessicalynnt
@arthurchappell that's even more boggling, I guess maybe they just didnt like records. I myself dont like the sound of them
• Preston, England
@Jessicalynnt they just bought a new sound system - can't see it looking this classy though
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Glad you got the leak sorted. I would love a vinyl record player. Apparently vinyl has overtaken downloaded music in the charts. What sort of music do you like?
• Preston, England
my tastes are very diverse - everything from classical to rap
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@arthurchappell You are similar to me then as I like many genres of music.
• Preston, England
@Gillygirl I can easily switch from Rachmaninov to Rammstein
@LeaPea2417 (21596)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a nice gift. I have seen those in stores and wouldn't mind having one so I could listen to my old LPs again.
• Preston, England
worth pursuing certainly
@MGjhaud (20679)
wow, that looks like a good deal. Today, i received all the items that i purchased online too which includes a sewing machine. i'm excited to use it today.
• Preston, England
@MGjhaud sounds great - hope it works well for you
I wish I still had my vinyl. Got rid of it all back in the 90's. Big mistake.
I can imagine how much pleasure you will get from your new record player. Freecycle must be a great site. We probably have it here.
@sayitnow (434)
I'm glad he come to fix it again and now you the problem is fix. You will not have to deal with it.
Oh, how nice! That must have been pleasant. My mom used to have one much like that and it was the original, not a remake or anything.
That record player is wonderful! Love the look of it! So glad the plumbing is now fixed the right way.