King and Queen

I miss my Doodles severely. My son took this photo to help mend my broken heart, but it makes me want to pick up Doodles, the cat, and kiss and cuddle him even more, which is impossible considering that I am 1400 miles away. Doodles is on the lower shelf below Kuma, the female. He is used to being King, so knocked her off the kitty gym with one swipe of his paw, shortly after the photo was taken. Kuma was used to being Queen when we kept Doodles at our house.
They are beautiful. Now I know why I don't travel, I'd be lost with out my furmily.
But I have Orville down here! Separation is good for the heart. It makes it that much better to return home.
Ok, first I've heard of Orville @DianneN is that a cat you own in Florida?
@rebelann Oh, so sorry. Orville is an osprey in whose territory we happen to live. He chirps and sings us awake every morning from the palm tree outside our window. He comes to show off his fish, actually hovers over us when I call him, does flybys in front of my window, and comes when I call him when he is out fishing. He lives in a nest with his mate and produces babies every year. He is amazing and I wish I could hold and pet him. Isn't that amazing for a raptor?
They are both very beautiful. I can only imagine how badly you miss your Doodles.
Thank you! I'm his grammy. You know that love packed inside your heart, too!
@DianneN I do!
I like your cats even if they're sideways! :-)
Thanks! I believe they are upright now.
@DianneN Yes, they look good. Very impressive.
@MALUSE Thank you!!!
@silvermist (16203)
@DianneN Good photo.No way you can cuddle Doodles from 1400 miles away.
No way is right. My husband said that we can go home to see him for a weekend!
@silvermist (16203)
@DianneN Well,that will be a treat-for you and Doodles!
@silvermist I'm afraid that if I see him, I'd never return to Florida. It's amazing how much I miss that cat!
Why is he with your son?
Doodles is his cat. We gave him back when we came to Florida for the winter. We keep Doodles when we are back home, because he doesn't get along with my son's fiancée's male cat. Now that cat is at her mother's. Crazy!
@DianneN yeah! Crazy! Still, maybe you could ask him to keep Doodles.
@marguicha Oh, never! I love that cat as if he were my own.
I can imagine that photo would make you even more homesick for Doodles. The picture is great, even sideways.
Drat it, Val! Thanks. Any better?
@DianneN Perfect! Right side up. Doodles looks like he's looking out the window watching for you. I bet he's just as homesick.
@just4him I've been waiting all evening to hear if it was right this time. What a pain in the you know what I've been having. Thank you. He was looking out the window. He looks so sad to me. It's funny, because that is his real home. Poor Doodles. He does miss his grammy, her big house with a fireplace and opera, nd her yard with all the action going on.
You are lucky you have someone to care for Doodles while you are away. We do not have live-in maids any more and so cannot leave Preiti alone which means no holidays. Those two, have they had the same mother?
Not the same mother, but the same age. Doodles and Kuma belong to my son. His fiancée has a male cat which Doodles did not accept, so we take him for 8 months and her cat goes to her mother while we our in Florida. It's crazy, but it works. I love that Doodles as if he were mine, which I consider him to be. Lol!
@DianneN Doodles is lucky. He gets all the pampering from you while he is with you. You have a good arrangement with your pets.
@allknowing I do tend to spoil him rotten, but he is so perfect for me and deserves everything humanly possible. It works for us all. Thanks.
Doodles seems very focussed on something out the window. They are both lovely cats.
Doodles is always focused on something outside, unless he is eating, listening to opera, or sleeping. Thank you! They are my grand kitties and I love them both.
@JudyEv LOL! Try it. He just may surprise you all!
@LeaPea2417 (8570)
• Toccoa, Georgia
What pretty cats they are.
Thank you. I think they look like brother and sister even though they're not.
• Toccoa, Georgia
@DianneN Yes , they do look like they could be related.
Beautiful photo! I miss our dog Cooper as well and he's like 3 planes away from me now so it's hard to see and play with him. I only have photos of him every once in a while when I ask my sister but it's very different when you get to be with your pets, who eventually, became family.
I feel as badly for you as I do for myself. Photos and videos help, but it's just not the same thing as being with them. Pets are family in my book!
@DianneN Yes! That's why I miss Cooper so badly as well. His cuteness and him being so adorable, my goodness!
It seems like Kuma is going to adjust to having the king back in the house. I bet you do miss that sweet grandkitty!
Kuma likes her other new brother more. She hissed at Doodles, but they are now used to each other again. He likes to take charge, and she is so meek. I do miss him. He's like a baby to me.
• Taiwan
Both of them are so cute .I like it
Thank you!
@hostessman (4131)
• Tucson, Arizona
i am sorry you are lonesome for Doodles, but you made the choice to live else where for awile//// i am sure Doodles misses you to
My son said he misses us, but he loves his daddy.
a bit confused.Why could you not take them with you in Florida?
They belong to my son.
I always miss my pets when I go away.
It is only natural when you love your pets so much.
I'm sorry, I am sure that's the hardest being away from him. I know I would have a tough time being away from my dog. =(
It truly is hard being away from my baby. These pets are part of the family. Thank you.
Both of those cats are really pretty. I would miss him to.
Thanks. Kuma is very fluffy and chubby.
@Dena91 (3155)
Beautiful babies. Yes our girls have that same jealousy streak in them as well. I'm sure Doodles misses you as much as you do him.
Thank you. They are good looking grandkitties, even if I have to say so myself. How do you stop your girls from eating each other's food???
@Dena91 (3155)
@DianneN We have a large plate and they share pretty good most of the time. We tried some smaller bowls but they would nudge each other away from the one they were eating from. I tired the plate and they seem happier.
@Dena91 I will tell my son to try that. Doodles is like a vacuum cleaner when it comes to food. Thank you!
@dianneN I can understand, I went shopping Monday and missed Marty terribly. I couldn't imagine being months without him. As I say Marty and I are a package, invite one of us overnight the other comes along. Beautiful cats, too I can see how you would miss Doodles!
Thank you. Yes, we love our babies!
@DianneN How could you not they are so sweet!m I once almost got a cat until I found out cats go after hamsters. I decided I will lack ownership of a cat! But a girl can wish she had both a cat and a dog!
@Marty1 I had a dog and three cats at once. What a fine family that was! I never had a hamster.
@1hopefulman (13031)
Wow, that Doodles is a dashing dude!
Isn't he? I love his tuxedo. He is very sophistiCATed. Lol! Thank you!
@1hopefulman (13031)
@DianneN He's good-looking and he knows how to flaunt it and dresses to impress.
@1hopefulman He's the cat's meow!