It is gonna be another loooooooooooooooooooooong day...

By JJ
...and I blame Scar for His insistence that I get up at 2 AM most mornings. Usually, it isn't horrible...I end up asleep by 7-8 PM so I still get several hours of sleep. But tonight (and on a Tuesday...though I am not sure why really) I have a gig running sound. So after I do that, and load equipment back up and finally get home, it'll be around 1 AM. And of course, Scar will be ready to go out then because he'll have been alone in the house for several hours. Jeez...I'm already tired just thinking about it. At least all 4 acts tonight are acoustic, so I don't need to haul out a bunch of stuff, and it'll be a fairly quick and easy setup/teardown...a small mixing console, a pair of amps, one small set of speakers, two microphones and a couple of floor monitors. Since I am not really sure if I am getting paid for this one or not, I'm glad it's a simple one. (I asked Scar if he wanted to say hello this morning but he won't talk with his mouth full)
You need to make him an outside pen affair, maybe one that connects to your window then he can go in and out without disturbing you so much.
Except it's winter here now, and the raccoons are out front
@JolietJake That complicates things.
My orange boy tried waking me at 4am. I fell right back asleep, didn't hear the alarm, and slept until my husband got out of the shower at 5:30. Oops.
Some days it is like Scar has this hidden 1000 watt amp built in somewhere
@JolietJake mine doesn't meow. He smacks, paws, kneads, walks on me, etc
@PainsOnSlate (20243)
You trained your cat very well, Have fun tonight and I hope Scar lets you sleep after a busy day....If I were scar I wouldn't let you sleep because you walked out on me and left me all alone... Boring...
I tried to teach him to use the computer but all he does is play with the mouse
@JolietJake thanks for the laugh...
Good morning to you and Scar.
He just went out to watch the yard for invaders
@JolietJake lol He is a good watch kitty!!
@Morleyhunt (19720)
A long day for sure. Good morning to you and to Scar. My coach turns into a pumpkin well before midnight. For the last month and a half I have finally been able to return to my routine (after a year) of going to bed around 10 PM. I feel so much more rested when the alarm sounds at 5:30 AM.
I thought I was going to post pictures of Scar and Rocky, but it turns out it wasn't Rocky outside this morning...it was one of the other raccoons. I snapped a photo from the porch but the only thing visible was eyes, and when I went to step closer it took off running...
@Morleyhunt (19720)
@JolietJake love the eyes in the dark!
Scar gets up early because he can take his cat naps thru the day. I hope that the day isn't too long for ya.
I'll likely make it a short day at work tomorrow, if I even make it there
@KristenH (23707)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sounds like a busy day you have planned for today. Wylie's the same way. He woke me up at 1 AM last week and most mornings, he paws my face between 5-7 AM.
Scar resorts to smacking me with a paw in the face or tugging on my goatee if I don't wake up
@KristenH (23707)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
i don't have the "out" factor..but my newest feebee has decided she likes bouncing across my bladder in the morning to wake me up for food.gee thanks,cat.sometimes she has boo in tow so the 2 of them jump all over me.alright,brats..i'm up dammit
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
Good luck with your day. Im useless when I don't sleep well
@CRK109 (14465)
I often have people phone me up and when they are on speaker they try talking to Ruby but she normally gets up and leaves the room. She loves being adored but doesn't enjoy replying to her adoring fans. lol
Maybe you should bring Scar to be your assistant - that might keep him awake then poop him out!
Bring scar with you on a leash, so when you both will be back home he is tired enough to sleep.
well, at least once he comes inside you can both sleep?
@Platespinner (16514)
It was a short night's sleep for me as well. I went to bed with a migraine and woke up around 2:30 unable to go back to sleep because of the pain. I gave in and hit the Excedrin Migraine--it works some of the time--thankfully it worked this time. Unfortunately part of why it works is a hefty dose of caffeine; so no more migraine but also no more sleep.