Donating Coats is both Sad and Happy

A local homeless shelter is looking for winter coats, hats, scarfs, gloves etc. My mom loved coats and she had quite a few that are still hanging in the closet. I was looking for a church or someone who was in need of a winter coat since her coats are in "like new" condition". When my daughter told me about the homeless shelter and suggested we donate the coats there I felt like this was the right thing to do so today we are packing up the coats and driving them to the shelter. I'm sure my mom would be happy with our decision and is smiling down on us from heaven. For me, it will be a little sad packing them up but knowing that someone who needs a coat will have one makes me happy. Sending smiles to everyone today and hope something happens today to make you happy too
That is a wonderful thing to do. You mom would be very proud of you knowing that she is helping in keeping so many woman warm the is winter. It will be emotional for you but a wonderful feeling at the same time.
It does feel good to be able to help out someone who might have been without a coat this winter. Yes, mom would be happy
You mother is watching and saying, "Good job!"
I'm sure she is. She was never one to throw anything away and would be happy that someone that needed it will be wearing her coats this winter
I am happy today, I saw my Mom, we had lunch together to celebrate her birthday. A very happy day.
I"m so happy to hear that you were able to spend the day with your mom and enjoy a birthday lunch.
@Marilynda1225 I prepared the food and the cake and brought everything there, I only had to warm the food in the oven.
I can see how sad it is for you to have to give away your Mom's things, but as you say, I'm sure she would be happy that they will be put to good use.
It makes me feel good knowing that someone can use her coats but it's been a bit hard sorting through her things and cleaning out her room
@Marilynda1225 I can understand that
I got some scarves they can have and, thanks I hope everyone has a good day too.
I'm sure there are plenty of places in your area that would be happy to receive scarfs if you have them
Yes,I understand this.But you should be happy as she donated to a good cause.We all do this.At least someone will be wearing this.
Yes, Fredo it's mostly happy knowing her coats will be put to good use.
@ilocosboy (34367)
That is a good reason for you to be happy, sharing some good things to the needy.
It's always a good feeling to help those in need
That is the right thing to do! back to you!
Good gesture! I was sad too for us when we had to sell our parents house and sell and give things away.
I sold my moms home almost 8 years ago when she had to come and live with me and it was sad seeing all their stuff sorted through. Now I only have one room to clean out and it's still emotional
@MarymargII (9997)
• Toronto, Ontario
Wonderful for you and this is the true Christmas spirit!
I think it is much easier to let things go when you know items are going to people who really need them.
@nanette64 (17682)
• Fairfield, Texas
It's the right thing to do and I 'know' your Mom would be proud of you @Marilynda1225 .
@Morleyhunt (19806)
Last year, my sister inlaw and I packed up all moms clothes. We donated some beautiful sweaters we hope that they will keep someone else warm.
We did the same with my mother's clothing. She would have liked us helping others too.