Twelve times this year I will laugh/cry

@sallypup (20755)
Moses Lake, Washington
I opened the mailbox this evening and out popped a magazine. With my name on it. Somebody paid to give me a Cosmos. Anyone who knows me would say what?! You?? In the past my Mom has given me Good Housekeeping. I can live with that though most of them includes recipes that I will not touch with a ten foot pole. But um, Cosmos for me who is not fashion conscious or stylish?? Mother Earth News or maybe Grit would have been what she would have chosen if she had been my old Mom. I am not sure. I guess the sister that Mom stays with is not checking to see what Mom spends her money on? Anyway I laughed all the way down the driveway cause I really wanted to sit down and scream with sadness.
Oh, that's disappointing. Vince bought me a magazine subscription once but we didn't read the fine print and it was sent for several years. We didn't realise it was being automatically charged to our credit card. We must have had more money than sense at the time. :(
@sallypup (20755)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv Its super easy to get caught in such a web and sometimes quite hard to get out from.
@sallypup We eventually managed to talk to a person and got some of our money back - and they sent a gift. Vince can be very persuasive. :)
@CoralLevang (39839)
Mother Earth News! YES!!
@sallypup (20755)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CoralLevang I love your avatar.
@CoralLevang (39839)
@sallypup *laughs* I'll be glad when I can get back to my normal non-holiday self.
@sallypup (20755)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CoralLevang I agree and yet as usual I will hate taking down the merry lights.
@sallypup So glad I read this i have been receiving without knowing who ordered it and tonight my sister told me on the phone she had a vanity fair magazine come to her in the mail today! I am wondering if it is a rich person lie that person who I heard on the news paid 166 THOUSAND dollars to pay people who had layaways at a store and the diamond that shows up every year on the Salvation Army kettle that shows up in completely different areas of the country each year!
@sallypup (20755)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marty1 Vanity Fair mag is similar to Cosmos, I think. Interesting about your sister. I bet both of us would rather receive the diamonds than the mags.
@sallypup Yes, I think my sister would prefer the diamonds! But I am interested in my surprise anonymous subscription to Time magazine!
• Eugene, Oregon
@sallypup Well... gotta keep an open mind...
Hmm maybe whoever it was got the offer of giving this subscription for free and only knew you so they passed it along to tou hoping you would like it.
@sallypup i was about to look up 'cosmos' to get an idea what kind of magazine it was before i respond, but if that's what it's about, it makes you wonder if they knew or not.
@sallypup (20755)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@hereandthere I agree. My Mom is 95 so if she sent the mag subscription she has really super lost it. I saw an article about taking photos of your posterior. And how to make it look more appealing as you took the photo.
@sallypup eww! it's concerning, though. is there a way to cancel it?
I had issues with "Southern Living" years ago and I refuse to get any magazines. You know some outfits send you one and think it's free, then you get a bill....that's what they did.
@sallypup (20755)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@AbbyGreenhill I'm a tad worried about the same situation here.
@sallypup And they keep sending bills until you want to scream.
donate them to um, a library? lol
As I recall Mother Earth News was rather expensive(I'd enjoy a subscription to that one too). Cosmos might have something of interest in it.
• Eugene, Oregon
Oh my, that is an odd subscription. I wonder if you will get others as well.
@Rohvannyn (3137)
You know, I think I just figured something out. Waaaaaay back in the day, Cosmopolitan used to be a fairly staid women's magazine. Amelia Earhart even wrote for it a few times. Grandma is probably still thinking it's like that. Though, reading any of their covers, it's obviously not your cup of tea. I should send you a subscription to Victoria Magazine to compensate.
@Rohvannyn (3137)
Cosmopolitan, right? I wouldn't mind getting a magazine about the Cosmos, but Cosmo? I don't think so.