Christmas Alphabet - M

Green Bay, Wisconsin
M is for Manger, Mary and Joseph, Mother, Magnificat, Majesty, Magi, Mailbox, Mistletoe, Mantle, Memories, Music, Myrrh, Menorah M is for Mary to whom the angel appeared. Frightened and awed she accepted her new role as our Savior's Mother. With haste she went to her cousin Elizabeth also with child, and proclaimed the Magificat for the honor of bearing God's only Son. Mary and Joseph journeyed to Bethlehem where Jesus was born, leaving heaven to be born in stable and laid in a Manger - a feeding trough for animals. Angels declared his Majesty to the shepherds when they announced his birth, the birth of their Savior. When Jesus was two, Magi from the east came to his house with gifts, gold, frankincense, and Myrrh and worshiped him as the newborn King. M is for Menorah that will be lit to celebrate the season of Light by Jews everywhere. Memories will be made as families get together. Mistletoe will be hung, and stockings will dangle from the Mantle. Music and Merriment will be had by everyone as the celebrate Christmas and Hanukah. Mailboxes will be full of Christmas cards from far and wide bringing glad tidings from friends and family near and far. Thanks for reading. Image courtesy of Pixabay
@averygirl72 (16656)
M is for Messiah. Lots of things associated with Christmas with the letter M
@Julie555 (2551)
I wanted to add the same idea
I never realized I missed it. Shame on me!
@Julie555 My mistake on missing that one.
@TheSojourner (17454)
I am glad that the holidays have so Many wonderful Memories for you. It is not so for so Many others. May we all get through this season with whatever Methods to bring us the joy we all so richly deserve!
I love your use of M in your comment. I hope you have lots of Memories too this Christmas season.
@just4him I gave up the memories a long time ago. My memories of the holidays were not so good. I just hope that it happens quickly.
@CoralLevang My holidays were perhaps the best part of my growing up years. You can make good memories now to replace those bad ones.
good list, I cant think of anything new, but have a small funny story, when quite small I used to pull the hay off the roof of grams nativity set to feed the set's cows and sheep, lol
That is funny!
@just4him I did all kinds of crazy stuff as a kid, lol
@Jessicalynnt It seems like it.
@alberello75 (17515)
• Genova, Italy
Well, "M" is also for say, "Merry Christmas"
Yes it is, another M I forgot and I hope you will have a very Merry Christmas.
@alberello75 (17515)
• Genova, Italy
@just4him I thank you, and I hope it will be in this way
Yes, we should always remember mother Mary.
Hard to forget as she was his mother.