My friend just made it all about me

@Jackalyn (6655)
Oxford, England
Everyone needs to say how hard it is sometimes. Just now my natural family have no clue and invariably somehow make anything I say about difficulties about them. They just have no idea. Thank God for the friend who listened and empathised and did not tell me their troubles or criticise. Another time it might be me supporting her, but we all need a friend who makes it all about us sometimes so we can carry on.
Really good friends are like gold.
How true!
Family can sometimes hold each other to higher standards than they would their friends. I don't often go to family for advice because I don't feel they can give it without coming off plain rude.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It is true. It is nice to have people in our lives who listen to us, who are there for us, and who don't criticize. It's always good to have people like that in our lives. I am grateful for the people in my life who do this for me, and I try to do the same for them.
@TheSojourner (17454)
Hugs and much love. Whatever it is, know that there is someone across the ocean who is putting arms around you in a hug.
A good friend is invaluable, as you have found out.
That is so true. Sometimes we just need somebody to listen. I am glad that you have a friend like that.
@crossbones27 (19579)
• Redlands, California
Indeed