have you ever thought to do a living will?

@sugartoes (33883)
Greencastle, Indiana
It's a document that gives the family & you a piece of mind that if something should ever happen in your life where you can't speak or become incoherent & have to be on life support for a certain reason this is where it's a GOOD idea to have one. Listen to this video on WHY it's a good idea to have one on hand cause at some point in our lives we NEVER know what will happen that something should happen & you DON'T have one on hand you don't want to be in this persons shoes that was kept a live for 15 yrs.
There is a lot of confusion about what a living will is, and people commonly confuse the living will, will, and power of attorney for healthcare. A living wi...
@VivaLaDani13 (16131)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I have thought about it many times actually. Especially when I am feeling really low......
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 I just got mine done in case something does happen I know it's done.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Good call. You just never know.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 that's right that's what I'm telling YOU.
I finally have it on record with the hospital that I want my body donated to science. I haven't gotten further than that yet.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him you should have it in writing on everything you WANT done on like how long to keep you on life support & cover everything you can about it.
@sugartoes I'll do that. I don't want life support. I'll have a DNR in place.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him what's a d n r? (do not resuscitate)
@Daljinder (19767)
Honestly, I haven't. I did think of saving passwords so my family knows what to do with my stuff on my laptop and inform friends here. Everything else they can figure out what to do with them themselves.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder that's the easy way of doing it just so they have something to work with.
@dragon54u (31298)
I know I need to have a formal document and I will, soon. My children, my ex-husband and his wife, my sister and my brother as well as my DILs all know my wishes. It's good to have them written, though, as somebody might wimp out of pulling the plug. I know how hard that is by personal experience. I'll get it done soon.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@dragon54u that don't help when it comes to a emergencies that come in a blink of a eye you NEED PROOF that what you want is SEEN like if you were in a court battle over something proof says what you want not what other say you want.
@alberello75 (13040)
• Genova, Italy
You have to excuse me, but certain things I do not understand, unfortunately for the English language that is not mine
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@alberello75 sorry about that I wish I could help you with that.
@alberello75 (13040)
• Genova, Italy
@sugartoes Well, maybe I should study a little better in the school ...
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@alberello75 that would be what I would do just think how much better life would be where you could understand.
I need to do one, and just a will.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Jessicalynnt better safe than sorry right?
@sugartoes yeah, I just texted my aunt, she was getting copies of legal documents for Missouri for that kind of thing, and I asked her to print me off some, will get it signed infront of a notary once she does.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Jessicalynnt AWESOME don't let it slide it's very important to get them BOTH done at the same time.
Thanks for this reminder.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marlina you welcome, some don't remember to keep it up dated OR to even think about getting one one but I can promise you this it's a GOOD thing to have in case there's ever a NEED for it.
@sugartoes And one never knows if that "need" will come and when.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marlina that's right we can't see into the future so that's where it's better to be safe than sorry comes into play.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It IS something I've thought about. But I haven't done it.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TheHorse well I'd be putting it in place in case something happen & it not only protects you but it helps your spouse or loved ones if something ever happen to you they'd be able to do what needs to be done if need be.
A personal account of the financial dangers of not having a living will and/or advanced directives in place before you need them.
@quantum2020 (8347)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I have never thought of doing a will. I´ll probably do one when I grow older
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@quantum2020 think about if you got into a car wreck & put on life support in the next 3 mos & don't have one?? then what?
I have one, if I have to go, I want to go quickly.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck that's why we all need to have one so who ever is there to take charge they can grant your wish.
I suppose it's something we should all think about doing.
@sugartoes (33883)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jaboUK your right that's why I put it on here for everyone to think about & take action.