Dentist appointment -Shouldn't of went!

@ricki_911 (19867)
Toronto, Ontario
I went today they did a big cleaning. I need to get a crown possible root canal on the one tooth ($2,000 atmost), then my wisdom teeth need to come out if I get him to do it in the office its $1,000 thats with him knocking me out (which is happening). I need to pay off my VISA which hoping by January then I'll do the crown then wisdom teeth (as I have to book time off work and can't afford it).
@skysnap (18039)
dentists are expensive indeed.
@ricki_911 (19867)
• Toronto, Ontario
They are!It's fine if you have insurance but I don't/.
@Platespinner (17062)
I understand the need for crown and root canal, but is there an actual reason to remove the wisdom teeth? Our dentist keeps hounding me to get my kids' out. I still have 3 of mine, and not one of my children actually have any problem with their wisdom teeth--it's just the current consensus that wisdom teeth must be removed. I have had to have several crowns and root canals over the years....my mouth is a money pit.
@ricki_911 (19867)
• Toronto, Ontario
My wisdom teeth are falling apart and have cavities. They were fixed before but I wasn't aware of that actually.
@ricki_911 In that case it is cheaper to have it pulled than having in repaired. Our dentist wants to have my kids perfectly healthy (thought not perfectly straight) wisdom teeth pulled.
@TheSojourner (17304)
I don't envy you the dental work. But glad you went.
Dental care is so expensive. So hard to pay for all the work that needs to be done for many of us.