Favorite Christmas Memory

@Dena91 (4211)
My favorite Christmas memory took place in 1980 when I was 14. Sadly my Grammy Dora had passed away, my mother's mother. My mother, brother and I flew out to California for the funeral. My Uncle Buddy (mom's older brother) and Aunt Dodie drove in from Arizona. After the funeral, we stayed on because Buddy and mother had to clean out her home and get it ready to be sold. So we worked weeks leading into Christmas. During this time, a call came for my Aunt Dodie letting her know that her mother had passed away. Buddy and Dodie got her a ticket to go to Oklahoma so that she could be with her brothers to say good bye to her mother. We were heartbroken. We decided we would go to the cabin Buddy and Dodie were building in the mountains in Arizona near the Grand Canyon. It was a bittersweet Christmas morning because of our losses. Buddy was especially sad because this was the first Christmas he wasn't spending with his beloved Dodie. Around 3 or 4 in the afternoon we heard a car coming up towards the cabin. The closest neighbor was about 2 mile away so we weren't sure who was coming. As the station wagon came closer into view, we all burst into tears. It was Dodie with her older brother driving so that we could all be together on Christmas day. This has always been my favorite Christmas memory. What is yours? picture from google pictures which looks like the cabin they built
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
My favorite Christmas was the first year my 2 sons were with us. My oldest was 18 months and my youngest was 5 months old. I will always cherish that Christmas.
@Dena91 (4211)
Sweet memories I am sure. Nothing like seeing through the eyes of a child. All the wonders of Christmas.
@fishtiger58 (30338)
• Momence, Illinois
@Dena91 Memories to cherish forever. You have a most wonderful Merry Christmas.
@Dena91 (4211)
@fishtiger58 Merry Christmas to you
@stbrians (14896)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Singing Christmas carols and acting skits has always made my day and is my best memory
@Dena91 (4211)
Wonderful memories indeed.
That is a wonderful memory to keep in your heart forever, my friend. Mine would be my parents with us three kids driving 6 hours to make it to our grandparents' home. Always a wonderful Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa.
@Dena91 (4211)
That was the only year we didn't celebrate Christmas on Christmas with my Nana and Pop Pop when we were kids. Treasured memories for sure.
@1creekgirl (10307)
That was just a heart-warming story. I almost cried...I can see why that's such a special memory for you. I guess one of our most unusual was the year our first granddaughter was born on Dec 23. We had Christmas in her hospital room with our daughter and her husband and had gifts and plates of Christmas dinner.
@Dena91 (4211)
Our friends second girl was born on Christmas eve. Now that she's a little older, 6, she is not wanting her birthday and Christmas combined. So usually in between Christmas and new years they cebrate her birthday.
@1creekgirl (10307)
@Dena91 That's a good idea. Most of the time we were traveling back home on my birthday after spending Christmas with my grandparents since my birthday is on Dec 29.
That's a great Christmas memory and, I will have to write a post about it later.
@LoriAMoore (4791)
That's heartwarming.
@stbrians (14896)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Simging Christmas carols and actinh skits has always made my day and is my best memory
@stbrians (14896)
• Kakamega, Kenya