What would be the best preparation for Christmas that cost less?

Baguio, Philippines
Less than two weeks and it's already Christmas. My family is wondering what food to be prepare during that Christmas celebration. Our thought is something that does not cost much but can satisfy us all. What could it be that is something different from usual?
I would not know what is the food of your nation. I would want what is good for my family like we are having. All food I adore. rice and peas,ox tails,curry goat that kind of food. My neighbors are cooking american dishes and I am getting some of that too.
• Baguio, Philippines
Rice is commonly served as part of our main dish here in the Philippines. Chicken adobo and letchon is usual during festivities.
@amandajay (17827)
• Sri Lanka
What you prefer? Cakes, breads or what?
• Baguio, Philippines
For desserts, maybe cake would be fine,.I will just search for some simple recipes that I can bake..
@amandajay (17827)
• Sri Lanka
@shantalclay try for a pudding or something... Easy to make and low cost
• Baguio, Philippines
@amandajay Hmm..thats a good idea,.. I will include that on my list,.
There is a vast array of food ideas. You would need to consider what amount you want to spend and not go over, and look at some really good food ideas. I'm keeping my Christmas meal simple with boneless beef ribs.
• Baguio, Philippines
That was a great idea,. Boneless beef ribs? Seems so delicious, but honestly, I did not yet eat that kind of menu..
@shantalclay I've had it a couple times, not for Christmas though. That will be a first and one I think everyone will enjoy.
@averygirl72 (12356)
What is your usual Christmas menu? Try to look over the internet for some ideas.
• Baguio, Philippines
,..I'm trying to browse from the internet but I can't decide, which is which..Maybe I will just do some list and I will choose from it..