I Didn't Fall of the Edge of the Earth

I'm not on vacation. I'm just living in Florida for the winter, simply because I can! I retired early and dislike the snow, ice, and freezing cold winds of winter. It has been in the low 80s here with very low humidity. My hair doesn't frizz. I spent much of my day planting my flower pots and herbs on the lanai. I now realize that I have one empty pot. Drat! Orville has stopped by several times to gab, especially when he saw me working on the lanai. Boy, can that Osprey talk! Forgive me for lagging behind in my notifications. I'm trying, but life calls and so does this glorious weather! How has your day shaped up?
So glad you have wonderful weather and the company of Orville. Yes, that one pot will have to be filled. A cold day here, but a great walk with the pup due to ice cleats being on my boots.
You are wise to wear ice cleats. I'm sure Molly is just prancing about and loving your brrrr weather. My hubs told me how cold it will be on Sunday when the NY Giants play football in Chicago.
@DianneN The low for Saturday is -10 and then Sunday -11. That is when things get scary.
@Corbin5 I'm ashamed to say that I knew about your awful weather, but the NY Giants are playing the Detroit Lions at a home game where it is much warmer. That is way too cold for me. Brrrrr!
you do not have to apologize about this.It is your life.
Thanks, but I feel guilty. Everyone likes a reply to their comments.
@moffittjc (35708)
• Gainesville, Florida
Hey, I recognize all those buildings in the background! I know where you live! haha Also, I was going to tell you that your lanai looks a little bare, that you should put some potted plants out there to liven it up a bit! LOL
Yes, you do know where I live! We are looking for new furniture. The sun bleaches everything out. A lot of color just adds to that Florida feel!!!!
@moffittjc (35708)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN That's the worst part of living in paradise with all that abundant sunshine throughout the year, it just fades the color right out of everything!
@moffittjc It does! We had special shades put in our living room to filter out the sun to protect the furniture. We still have to do it for our new family room in CT. Sun is sun!
I am glad to know that you are enjoying your time in Florida Dianne. Real life is more important, take your time and enjoy your days and Orville.
Thanks, Anna. It is like a different world here. My husband is driving more and things are coming along. That Orville is a pip and entertains us when we are around. He flew by my window this morning and turned his head to make sure he saw me. Lol!
@DianneN Orville is sweet, he is your Florida pet. I am glad that your husband feels better. The good weather and warmer temperature surely helps.
@LadyDuck Thanks for your comment on Facebook. He is getting better at eating in public. Lol! He still has a long way to go, but at least he can be warm doing it.
@fishtiger58 (30737)
• Momence, Illinois
Staying inside baby it's cold out there lol.
That's what the wise would do. Ugh!
@fishtiger58 (30737)
• Momence, Illinois
@DianneN No doubt, I went out to my enclosed but not heated back porch, with wet hands and my hands stuck to the metal door. Now that's cold
@fishtiger58 That reminds me of the movie, Dumb and Dumber, when he got his tongue stuck on a metal pole. Lol!
@nanette64 (13790)
• Fairfield, Texas
Here in Texas; at the moment, we have 72 degrees. HOWEVER, tonights low will be 25 with the windchill in the single digits. Tomorrows high will be 35 and a low of 22 with winchills at zero. So enjoy your nice, warm stuff @DianneN .
What a variation! It sounds like menopause. Lol!
@nanette64 (13790)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DianneN Boy don't it though!
It is bitterly chilly here and so hearing why don't want to live in this cold I can completely relate. Its supposed to be very bad wind chills here over the next few days. I'm going through fuel oil like crazy! I can picture you sitting in those chairs enjoying the view and warmth while mylotting.
My family has been keeping us posted on the crazy weather up north. Poor things. The sad thing is that we have our furnace running to keep the pipes from bursting up north and the air conditioning on in Florida.
@DianneN Yes that would be a problem with owning more then one place. Having to heat a home you are not even staying in. Very costly. At least it doesn't have to be kept as warm as if you were living there though. I think it has to be kept at 50. You can wrap the pipes to that helps. I had a pipe that went to our dishwasher burst and we hadn't used in years I didn't even realize it was still hooked up. It isn't anymore so that will neve happen again. It was a hot water pipe so hot water was pouring out in my cellar while I wasn't home.
@shaggin Omg! What an awful expense and mess that must have been for you!!!!!! We leave our heat set at 53 degrees, just to be safe. We have three zones. My son checks them all when he stops by. I would go crazy if our pipes burst!
• Portland, Connecticut
We are in the arctic blast right now but I am cuddling with Jack so he is keeping me warm lol
I certainly know what is going on in CT through my son. He told me that it was soooo cold on Friday. He had his fiancée and two kitties to cuddle with. Lol! Bet Florida is looking pretty good to you about now. It's a mere 80 degrees with a gentle breeze.
• Portland, Connecticut
@DianneN lol Oh yah it is looking really good.
My day is great! It's snowing - or at least it was. It was the perfect winter snowfall, nice fluffy white flakes, and the weather isn't too cold - it's perfect for a winter snowfall.
I'm glad you are enjoying your snowfall. Fluffy snow is always better than heavy, wet snow!
@DianneN It's easy to brush off the car too.
@LeaPea2417 (15331)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Oh goodness, your weather looks so nice. Today, here it is cold , temp 37 F and raining.
It is so good for the soul!
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I smiled when I read that Orville is just a neighborly as ever. I'm glad you're enjoying your southern stay. Here in my part of the south, a wee bit north of you, we had freezing drizzle this morning. It's warmed up to near 40, so now its just cold rain.
Yes, Orville is the same as ever, thank goodness! I'm glad it warmed up for you and melted that ice.
@shshiju (9321)
• Cochin, India
Enjoy your winter days in Florida with the company of Orville. We have no ice. But enjoying the coldness.
Thank you. I'm watching Orville fish right now! You are lucky not to have ice.
• Marion, Kansas
It is dark and cold right now. I am contemplating a shower and making breakfast, but first, a shower. I have fed the Princess kitty and that is all that matters.
Feeding the Princess kitty first is the only thing that matters! Lol!
@UncleJoe (8557)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
We are having our first winter freeze here. Wish I was there. Every year I feel the cold more and more. It doesn't seem that long ago that I laughed at it because i worked outside. It's not funny anymore.
No, it's not funny anymore. Stay warm and be safe!
We'll all be here when you get time again. Glad Orville has shown up again. I wonder how long ospreys live?
Thanks for understanding. American Ospreys have a lifespan of about 30 years in the wild.
Enjoy your day in the sun, it's clean on up there about 36 degrees today here lol.
Oregon is getting hit, too? Brrrrr!
I've experienced only two white Christmases. Here in the Caribbean its warm the year around.
I'm pretty familiar with the lovely climate of the Caribbean.
You are a lucky woman to be out of this freezing cold! It is miserable! I'm trying to just focus on Christmas and the magic of the season to keep myself sane.
I hear ya! And to think it's not even winter, yet!!!!
No better reason than 'just because you can'!
Yes, I'm happy I can!
@PatZAnthony (11805)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Some don't realize that those who live is several places throughout the year don't have servants caring for them. The days are still filled with things to do.
Yep! No servants here in Florida!