It is Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

Portland, Connecticut
What a week this has been. My daughter in laws grandmother died last Saturday so we had a funeral this week. We also had the Christmas concert for our two youngest grandchildren Syd and Jack. I have had a lot of freelance assignments, I mean more than 10 articles this week and 16 so far this month. We had a house party last night, cards Tuesday night, shopping at Kohls Wednesday night and today we picked up Jack from school and then ran to the pharmacy and we are having Jack overnight. Yesterday I had lunch with my sister and my niece to celebrate the season. I have one more article due tomorrow and two due Monday and our family Christmas is Sunday. We do this early so that my one son can be with the in-laws on Christmas. My other son and daughter will still come to my house on Christmas Day and my daughter and her family always spend Christmas eve at our house. I have a doctors appointment Monday, Cards and a party on Tuesday and I hope that is it until Christmas Eve, I only got to exercise twice this week and next week isn't looking that good either. We have to take the car in for a tuneup before our Florida trip on Monday, the furnace is being cleaned Thursday and I need to finish wrapping presents. I have not baked one cookie but at least I got my Christmas cards out and my little tree is up. I have to make plans to get together with some of my friends over the holidays but I only have the one week after Christmas before we head to Florida. I know somehow it will all work out but the days go crazy fast and I still need to clean my house fro top to bottom!! lol
I am exhausted just reading about your schedule! Hope it all goes to plan. No wonder you haven't had much time to myLot. :)
• Portland, Connecticut
I really have been trying to check in and read a little whenever I have a moment. I have taken to reading and commenting on my phone while I am waiting and things like that lol
@BelleStarr I'm wondering if I should get a mobile phone simply so I can myLot on it!
• Portland, Connecticut
@JudyEv It is surprisingly easy to mylot on a phone and I can do it quickly anytime.It might be worth it.
@fishtiger58 (22572)
• Momence, Illinois
Are you sure you're retired??
• Portland, Connecticut
lol I know I wonder how I had time to work but I was a little younger then lol
@fishtiger58 (22572)
• Momence, Illinois
@BelleStarr Sounds like an exhausting time for you
• Portland, Connecticut
@fishtiger58 It is but I had a good sleep last night.
You have a crazy schedule, you'll be happy when you arrive in Florida, the holidays will be over and you'll be ready for some down time.
• Portland, Connecticut
I know I can't wait, we really have no schedule down there but we will need to find exercise classes so we don't lose all of our gains.
You are really busy until Christmas. I hope you have a good Christmas and have lots of fun for Christmas.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am sure we will, we are very family oriented people and getting together with our kids always makes us happy!!
@BelleStarr Family is what makes me happy to.
@DeborahDiane (10463)
• Laguna Woods, California
It seems to me that this Christmas has been crazy busy for us, too! I hope things settle down after Christmas!!
• Portland, Connecticut
I see that you are writing a lot too, the Daily news articles. You might want to look into Article Document where I write, they are a good company.
• Laguna Woods, California
@BelleStarr - That is good to know about Article document. I might give them a try sometime. Right now, I am working on another book (my seventh), so I have been swamped between the holidays, family time and my book. However, you never know what the new year could bring.
@sallypup (12948)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Congrats on all the fun.
• Portland, Connecticut
It is crazy fun, your right and this morning it is snowy so we are just watching TV with Jack. I do have an article to finish but I will wait until he has gone to work on it.
I am dizzy just reading all what you do. My life is a lot quieter than this.
• Portland, Connecticut
I do have a crazy life but it is never boring that is for surr
Whew you make me tired just listening to all you did this week. Pretty soon you'll be in nice warm sunny Florida (I'm so envious!) Have a great Christmas
• Portland, Connecticut
Merry Christmas to you too, yes I am looking forward to days and weeks with no commitments what so ever lol
@Gillygirl (4177)
• London, England
Still a busy bee Belle, I doubt whether you need exercise. My condolences to your daughter-in-law for the loss of her grandmother.
And I thought I was busy! Who need exercise with that schedule?!
• Portland, Connecticut
lol but it is the wrong exercise I need the real work out and I am going to have to try doing some at home later today.
@ms1864 (8066)
• Bangalore, India
sounds like you have had a productive month so far.
• Portland, Connecticut
I sure have and I am trying to get to a place where I can relax lol
my deepest condolences'n the loss 'f that sweet lady. 'tis hard to lose someone near the holidays...e'en if'n such's 'xpected due to illness. i'm completely'n utterly 'xhausted jest readin' what all y'ave tackled'n still've'n progress. when do ya sleep?? speakin' 'f cards...i got some wrote out monday'n put'em'n the mailbox. today when the hubs checked the mail, he found the one i'd sent'cher way. seems that e'en though our mail carrier can't deliver mail to the correct address, she's quite the private eye when't comes to errors i make. yepperz, i'd put 'portland, oregon' jest plain's day'n yer envelope! thankfully she jest put a sticky note to tell me such...it shall be sent out'n the morn, i hope such reaches ya prior to ya headin' south, lol. i miss havin' a bunch 'f folks wanderin' 'round here durin' the holidays. 'tis jest too quiet. still unknown if'n the youngest son/family 're comin' this way to spend Christmas. he's prone to lettin' me know when they've pulled 'nto the drive. big hugs 'n best 'f luck with all yer tasks!
• Portland, Connecticut
Thank you and yes nobody even knows there is a Portland Ct lol Today Jack is here and it is snowing like crazy and we ate breakfast and now we are watching cartoons lol a quiet morning.
@simone10 (22445)
• Louisville, Kentucky
You made me tired just reading your post ...lol. You really are one busy person and I don't see how you get it all done. Are the articles you are working on from the website that you told me about? I really need to check it out more and see what I can find for myself.
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes they are from that site, they are keeping me quite busy.
@simone10 (22445)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@BelleStarr I just have to make myself take the time to check it out further. I hope when I do that they will have something I can write about.
@MarymargII (5526)
• Toronto, Ontario
Geeez and thanks so much- I was chilled and now you've made me crazy again even though the extra-Christmas familial gatherings are over I still have stuff- At least you're nearing the home stretch!
• Portland, Connecticut
I am and today we got through the first family get together. It was a great day. .
• Toronto, Ontario
@BelleStarr So great- it really is a wonderful time of year even though most women are frazzled by it!
Oh wow lady! You are making my head spin! I hope you can get it all done!
• Portland, Connecticut
Somehow it always works out but I am just collapse the day after Christmas lol
@BelleStarr Thankfully I have the day after Christmas off. A day to relax and breathe!
@sueznewz2 (6628)
• Alicante, Spain
What a hectic schedule.... And like you say ..the time seems to go quicker when you have z lot to do... I HOPE things slow down a bit for you this coming week. ..
• Portland, Connecticut
They have though yesterday was rather hectic, today we skipped exercise and just went to our card game Christmas party and then played cards. We were rather lazy though I did do some housework.
@ChesneyM (5003)
I have to send three Christmas cards away (perhaps 4), by snail mail, but I keep procrastinating here... At least all of my kids' concerts, performances and parties, etc are over, so I could begin to have some rest here. Take care and have a good time in Florida .
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes there is something freeing abut checking off the list of events wee need to attend. lol
I feel overwhelmed just reading this! Thanksgiving was the time I was overwhelmed. Once you get to sunny, beautiful FL, you can breathe easy. Kind of. Lol!
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes I am looking forward to no commitments what so ever lol
You have been a busy beaver.
• Portland, Connecticut
Yes it is rather crazy at this time of year