My goodness what a lesson she will learn.

My sweet daughter has a credit card. I told her not to use hers unless she could afford to pay the entire bill. I paid the monthly amount twice for her. Just in case she got paid past the date. It turned out I have not paid it again as it's not my card. Today she asked me to buy her something over $100. I refused to as she could have used her card. She has two cards with late fees. Oh well I can't force you to listen to me. If she ever wants something she will have to pay on her card. I plan to use mine for 5 months and pay every dime due before the bill arrives. I don't want it that long. I just want to see if I can raise my score a little in 5 months. Anything can happen to cause a issue in my payments. So before that day ever gets to me I will use it and cancel it. The one reason why I want to keep it is for my score. But I am too much of a giver and would fall weak to letting someone run my card up with favors. Yes I am telling the truth.
@Jackalyn (6657)
• Oxford, England
I think unless you run one to improve a credit score it is best to save up.
Yes I agree and wish I knew how long that could take. maybe Yuki will be along to help me.
@sharon6345 It is best to save the money and than buy what you want.
@jstory07 If you can't control spending I agree.
Is there another way to improve your credit score? Dave Ramsey says one doesn't need credit cards to get a good credit score. But, I don't know what he suggests instead Me, I use my credit card to make all my purchases, but I pay the bill as soon as I get it. No interest charges ever. If someone were to ask me to pay for something; I would say I have no money. The credit card is only for money that is already in the bank for when the bill comes.
I have bill ramseys huge book. Some where in this house and boy did it help me. But my score i not improving. I just learned to cut back and save.
@sharon6345 I see. I have listened to him on the radio a lot. I did take one of his books out of the library too. Cutting back and saving are very wise for all of us to learn. I think if I had come across Dave Ramsey when I was younger, I would have made the effort to earn more I think.
I don't have any credit cards and I am find with that. If i can't afford it I just don't buy it. It is good to improve your credit score.
That is what want in the next few months.
@hereandthere (29634)
it takes a lot of discipline to use credit cards wisely, such as always paying in full to avoid interest/late fees.
That is the only way I will use mine.
Children, grown or child can bring havoc to your pocketbook.
You can say that again. I love it.
@shaynas (5534)
I have used credit card for years, and i like them. At the end of month, i have full bill of where and how much i spend. And sometimes, they come as a rescue when u want to buy something and you do not have money. I have always paid my bills in full, so not an issue for me.
That is how I was with my last card. I caught an issue and got one late noticed. I paid it off and canceled the card.