Do you encounter any problems in shopping?

@annierose (17406)
Well, this day I went with my mom to the supermarket. There is a newly opened mall and it has been popular because its goods have cheap prices on it. I encouraged mom to shop there. We shopped for footwears, clothes, and some cups and glasses for the house. Then, I got attracted to a Hello Kitty alarm clock. It has a stand that sways and I tried to fix it but to no avail. I decided to leave it but it fell on the floor and got broken.The sales lady told me I need to pay for it. One hundred pesos is somewhat a big money already. I could have bought a pair of slippers on that amount. Anyway, I think I should be careful next time. How is your day? Do you encounter any problems in shopping?
Many of our shops have signs that say 'Lovely to look at, delightful to hold, But if you break it, consider it sold'. It was a tough lesson for you.
@annierose (17406)
Sure, it has been a tough lesson. I think I will just stay away from those furnitures that are fragile.
I would not have to pay if it broke in the store. Thank goodness for that. Accidents happen.
@annierose (17406)
I think I can just put it somewhere else but honesty is a virtue. I should better be honest and abide by their rules than to encounter more hassles.
@annierose Oh I would as well,however here where I live I would not be asked to pay it. Not unless I went in a cheap store. They are always on your back about a sale. so they would ask for the money. But if I don't have it they can't get it. But,my mom raised us all to not touch a thing unless we can afford to pay if it dropped.
@annierose (17406)
@sharon6345 That is a good way to avoid an unwanted situation while shopping.
I'm sorry you were forced to pay for something that was already broken. Here people aren't held accountable if they break something as they shop. It used to be that way when I was growing up, but no more.
@annierose (17406)
It was the second time I broke something while shopping. I am just fortunate those are not that expensive.
@annierose That is a good thing.
@annierose (17406)
@hereandthere (22909)
that happened to me once. i dropped a bottle of sandwich spread and paid for it.
@annierose (17406)
Were you bumped by someone else?
@annierose no, i dropped it.
@annierose (17406)
@hereandthere Oh, I see.
@1212smk (47)
This was a lesson that would make you careful for the next time.
@annierose (17406)
Yes, it is. Thanks for dropping by.