I feel so humbled...

Jacksonville, Florida
I don't know if it is because of the way some people have treated me, and/or made me feel...but I went to pick up my Christmas meal, from the individual that I told you about yesterday, who wanted to purchase Christmas dinner for me; and the amount of money she spent, made me want to cry. As I was putting the groceries in my car, I happened to noticed that she purchased top name brand items for many of the products, and bought me real butter from Breakstone. I have not had real butter in years. I was concerned about the price of the meal to begin with...because the squash casserole I was making...was going to cost around $27 to get all the ingredients; because I need a specialty herb butter that costs $2 a stick, as well as other incredients that were a little pricey...but trust me when I say, that it is worth every penny! I had priced the ham, and the generic brands were still going to be around $20 +. My turkey was only $10, and I still got a nice size. But with all the fixin's...my Thanksgiving dinner still cost around $60 to make. So with the squash casserole, and ham...I knew those two items alone, would cost about the same as my entire Thanksgiving dinner. Anyway... When I went to remove the ham out of my car, I happened to noticed that she bought the most expenseive ham Publix offered. It was a Hickory Farms ham that cost $5.49 a pound. The price of that ham alone was $42... That is like 90% of what my entire Thanksgiving dinner cost! I will be honest, I started to cry. Why would this person purchase the best ham out there for me? I feel like I don't deserve this... I mean... When I was working and made all that good money, it might have been something I would have done. But after I lost everything, I just thought that I would never deserve something this nice again. Why is God being so good to me? I don't get it. Again... It might be because of the way others have made me feel, is the reason I am thinking this way. I don't know... I just can't stop crying, because I don't believe I deserved this type of quality food. I have made so many mistakes in my lifetime. I just don't understand why God wants to treat me this kind. This lady had to have spent at least $125 or more, for this meal. Well... I guess my neighbors are going to love their Christmas dinner this year! LOL
That is wonderful. You are blessed and very deserving of the many good things that have been coming your way.
You are too kind.
@Tina30219 (34194)
• Onaway, Michigan
You are blessed this person cares for you and wants you to enjoy your Christmas dinner. Not only will your neighbors enjoy Christmas dinner but you will as well.
You are sweet for saying this. I hope you got your card.
@Tina30219 (34194)
• Onaway, Michigan
@teresatrotter Yes I did and I will br sending mine out Tuesday when I go to the store had a lot going on here lately but all taken care of.
Enjoy it! You are deserving of it!
Thank you sweetie.
that was super nice of her, enjoy that meal, and share some or something!
That is what my post said I was going to do. I am making my neighbors Christmas dinner.
@teresatrotter I didn't make the connection! But pretty cool, I bet they will love it
@kevinakash (1947)
• Sri Lanka
that's the kindness of you.
Thanks!
• Sri Lanka
@spaceseed (2893)
Oh my god your are such a good person. God bless you
Not really. But thank you.
@ms1864 (6986)
• Bangalore, India
its nice good things have come to you... appreciate them. When things come to us unexpected it is definitely a reward for something good we might have done...maybe to encourage us to do it more. Karma is always fair. You got it because you deserve it.
Thanks!
The fact that you will share this food with your neighbors explains why you have been blessed.
Thanks for those kind words.