An Observation : Frequency of posts

@nomus24g (16451)
Just observed a thing lately, the average frequency of posts made here on myLot in last 1 week has slowed down to - "1 post in every 40 mins" from an earlier average of "1 post in every 20 mins"...so that's almost 20 mins delay in expecting another new post to appear in 'Most recent Discussion' section... May be that's due to the Christmas holidays, myLotters are more busy offline than online, but that's an interesting data...so thought of sharing it here
@owlwings (38162)
• Cambridge, England
December 2016 - Discussions per hour
I'm not sure how you are calculating your data but my daily statistics show that, for each day in December, the number of discussions per hour has varied from between 12 and 15 with an average of 14. That makes one discussion every four or five minutes. If you count responses and comments as 'posts' as well, the rate would be far higher (I only counted discussions).
@nomus24g (16451)
I am taking 1 post per user, which is mutually exclusive...your data is non-mutual exclusive, which mean..if "A" posts 3 posts in an hour, u count it as 3...but my count is 1 /user. The logic being, in an user's active hour he/she will post a no of posts in a seris n then go into slumber for the rest of the day time.
@owlwings (38162)
• Cambridge, England
@nomus24g I'm not sure what your observation demonstrates. A 'post' is normally understood to be any posting activity - discussion, response or comment. While some people may post 20 discussions in an hour (and hardly ever respond or comment) and do nothing else, others may only post one discussion a day or a week (or even less frequently) but may respond or comment many times in a day. I would say that the latter group are actually more 'active'.
@nomus24g (16451)
@owlwings A post also should define how active an user is and makes other functional in the same manner...for instance in next 5 mins, I post 5 posts (as its day here) while rest of the world is sleeping and just doesnt care to post atthis hour)....so frequency of post by a single user at a particular day part shouldn't be taken as a great way of functioning. Atleast we Statistician in Marketing calculate penetration or reach of a particular product in a specific market like this....so there we have 2 parameters : Penetration & Volume contribution. While penetration is calculating unique reach, Volume contributes total purchased volume irrespective of no of packs bought.
@pgntwo (21710)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I wonder how many hits the website is getting?
@nomus24g (16451)
I am sure myLot Admin will have that figure
@pgntwo (21710)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@nomus24g There was a website or two that told you that, I think - Alexa, perhaps? And another, but not sure where I saw it once, a long time ago.
https://www.trafficestimate.com/mylot.com
@PainsOnSlate (19200)
It is a busy time for those who participate with the Holiday season. I'm lucky if I write and post one every few days...
@nomus24g (16451)
exactly
Yes, the Christmas holiday activities is what making me away from here most of the times .
@nomus24g (16451)
u r right
@EddieHands (32991)
Wow why do you think people are posting less ? Do you think it's because of Christmas ? Blessings
@nomus24g (16451)
may be, people are busy with decorations, trying out new recipes etc etc
@JustBhem (22430)
• Davao, Philippines
Good observation. I seldom post here. But i always interact.
@nomus24g (16451)
Thanks :)
Blame it on the holidays.
@nomus24g (16451)
yeah...u r right
@PatZAnthony (11801)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
People are just so busy everywhere. We may see it get even slower here in the next few days.
@nomus24g (16451)
may be u r right...
yes,people are shopping.The last weekend to do this.Getting things ready for the holiday. This is a very busy time of the year.
@nomus24g (16451)
ya sure, that explains the 20 mins increase in time between two consecutive posts on an average
@dragon54u (31340)
There could be a lot of reasons. The holy day season, of course, and everyone busy. But I find that I come in here and do a lot, spend a couple of hours just posting, replying, contributing, etc. then I kind of get burned out. Maybe I'll skip a day or not participate much for a couple of days. I've noticed how it's slowed down and just chalked it up to it being a time of vacation and general busyness.
@nomus24g (16451)
Correct
That is interesting.
@nomus24g (16451)
How did you get this data?
@nomus24g (16451)
I stated that, its my observation at different day parts for last couple of weeks