A very sweet package from a secret Santa and an injury within minutes

I was laying on the couch exhausted after shoveling. My son was sad waiting for his cousin to come and realizing they weren't showing up. I got a message on facebook asking if I had gotten warmed up after shoveling. She said she thought she saw something in my driveway when she went to the store. I looked outside and there was a gift package on my porch. Due to the homemade playdough inside I knew it was from her. I had seen a photo earlier in facebook of her kids making it. Inside the gift bag was mugs, hot cocoa, coffee, cookies, homemade playdough, ornaments and crafts to make. It was so unexpected and sweet that it kept making my eyes tear up. My son was looking at his new mug and swinging it a little while asking if he could have some hot cocoa. I bent down to pick up an ornament to out on the tree and accidentally got whacked in the forehead with the mug. My son cried because he hurt me and didn't mean to.
@Tina30219 (20955)
• Onaway, Michigan
What a nice secret santa present and sorry about you getting hurt with the mug. Poor kid he was so excited over his mug and having hot chocolate that he hurt you maybe time for hot chocolate for you both to feel better.
I think that was her point to warm me up after shoveling with the hot cocoa. It was very thoughtful. My son wanted hot cocoa but it was almost 9 pm and thats to late for him to have a large drink or he will wet the bed.
@Tina30219 (20955)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin Right a good cup of hot cocoa after shoveling is always good. True to late for that don't want him to wdt the bed. I am sure he will remind you today that he wsnts it.
@Tina30219 Yep and his sister as well when they first woke up!
that was very nice of her.
Yes it was! I wish I could do something nice for her as well but she doesn't want me too. I wanted to make her personalized ornaments for her tree.
@shaggin You could always do something and have it taken to her like she took it to you. I love the ornament idea.
@sharon6345 I asked for the spelling of her childrens names and their favorite color but she wouldnt tell me. I think I will offend her if I do this and she doesn't want me to.
Great gift idea! So sorry you got whacked in the forehead unintentionally by your son. Ouch!
Its still pretty sure but I'm just glad it didn't need stitches. It will scar for sure though.
@shaggin I hope it doesn't scar! Try vitamin E oil on it or scar meds from the pharmacy. You don't want to remind your poor son what he did!
@DianneN I was going through my bathroom cupboards last night looking for my sons nail clippers and I found a container of maderma. I think its about 9 years old but I will see if it still works.
I hope it did not hurt too much. How sweet to bring you the package.
It hurt pretty darn bad actually I think just because it hit right on the bone. Even today it keeps bleeding but mostly has scabbed over enough its not constant!
@shaggin Your son must feel so sorry.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@shaggin Ouch! I hadn't realized he drew blood!
@averygirl72 (9200)
How very nice to receive some goodies. You're all excited for sure.
We had so many sweets at the family Christmas party earlier in the day as well.
Aww that was really sweet =) Who was the secret person? But that was nice your recognized it was her gift to you because she posted photos on FB earlier. I hope you're okay when you hit by your son accidentally.
The secret santa was a woman and her 6 kids. She is a facebook friend. I see her around town at events with her kids like I take mine too.
@shaggin oh I see that's very sweet of her :)
Awwwwww that was so sweet of her. What a wonderful thing to do. You deserve it.
I can think of lots of other people who deserve it more but it was very nice she chose my family!
@shaggin Yes it is!
@kevinakash (1945)
• Sri Lanka
very nice.i like these kind of surprise gifts very much. i think the pleasure will fade all the pains away
You are right the happiness of such a kind act made it worth the pain I've had to deal with.
• Sri Lanka
Too much happiness is not good for one's soul and God knows it Hope you are well now and continuing with your happiness.
I could always use more happiness but I know you are teasing :-)
@shaggin This season I am sure loads will be coming your way
What a lovely gesture! I'll bet the whack on your forehead will leave a mark. That must have smarted!
I think it is going to scar. Days later and its throbbing today for some reason.
@shaggin sorry to hear that. Maybe you should see a doctor.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Aw, did he get lots of hugs and forgiveness? Did the mug survive? I hope he got his cocoa. Did you let him put a kiss on your owie?
I told him I was not mad at him at all that it was just an accident. It was to late for him to have hot cocoa that night but he did have it the next morning. I think the cut is going to leave a scar so I need to pick up some new maderma ointment.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
Wow, sounds like a bit to much excitement.
It was all perfect except for my getting hurt.
@LeaPea2417 (11812)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Awe, sorry about that. He was so excited about the gifts, he didn't mean to do that to you :)
I agree he did not mean to hurt me it was just bad timing when I bent down.
• Trinidad And Tobago
So it was a minor mishap? I thought it was serious. It's nice to get such a thoughtful gift, isn't it? who was it from?
It was an accident but nothing major. It bled on and off for days and is still very sore but I didn't need stitches. I am sure it will leave a scar unfortunatly.
So sweet of the person to bring you this package.
It was I wanted to make up a nice gift for her and her kids and well but she did not want that. I am debating on paying it forward for someone else!
@hereandthere (19575)
what a nice gesture. your son is excited about his mug. i hope you don't get a headache.
I did have a bit of a headache that night but not to bad. The spot was just very sore. Days later it was throbbing in the spot I got hit. It has stopped bleeding finally. I know it will scar but hopefully not to bad.
@Ayuriny (5280)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
That's so sweet.. She is really kind giving you lovely surprise gifts...
We do not even know each other that well she just wanted to do something nice for someone. It was very sweet!
@carebear29 (22575)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Nice little bundle
This woman has 6 kids and is very low income it was so kind of her to do this!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That is so sweet.
Yes it was. She said she wanted to do something nice for someone and since she saw me out there shoveling my long driveway she chose me go give it too also to cheer me up from my sadness over the holidays of missing my late husband.
It's lovely to get a surprise gift like this. I'm sorry you got hurt. And sorry for your son too.
It was very nice and I didn't need stitches so that was good :-)